can she be saved

Started by cc, April 09, 2018, 05:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

Oi !  Speaka da bluddy lingo will ya !   ???

;D ;D
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Craig_m67

Quote from: bazzbazz on April 18, 2018, 08:56:59 PM
Oi !  Speaka da bluddy lingo will ya !   ???

;D ;D

Nah, I'm with the bender.. Might be a mouthful.. Butt ah, and other homophobic entendre provided in good spirit... it's the whole reason why sooty isn't landfill, yet  ;D

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Citroënbender

Yes, it really gets me when RRR is hijacked and/or trivialised.

The nonsense I see on my dearest person's FB feed where cottagey, homestead-ey, arty-crafty shite is touted as practical repurposing is worse - unhelpful because it's rendering materials un-recyclable in the longer term; this really grates. But so long as we keep condemning cars because of a few small issues, I feel it's important to show how there's another way to approach the vehicle life cycle.

cc

This looks like an ideal opportunity to quote a great American president! with some liberties taken : )

"We choose to go to the moon (nsw)... (interrupted by applause) we choose to go to NSW in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others too." (the back deck, front stairs, the not running ute and last but most loved car, my other, first! 156!).

Parts from the Alfaworkshop in the UK ordered sunday evening arrived at the front door Brisbane Thursday morning 10am. A new harmonic balancer and a SKF timing belt kit. For Alfa1.

Am working out logistics on where to have the panel work done. Sydney Canberra or Brisbane.

bazzbazz

While you're doing the belts did you order a new water pump too? Don't forget the leak at the water pump transfer pipe we noticed last time i was there.
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

cc

yep, sitting in the box.

Citroënbender

Quote from: cc on April 19, 2018, 04:17:21 PM
This looks like an ideal opportunity to quote a great American president! with some liberties taken : )
You mean you're going to talk about border security, trade wars and Making Alfas Great Again?

Does Crumplefrontskin start and run, as it is presently sited?

cc

The quote is JFK. The rego sticker on Alfa2! is 5 years old and the engine is running and will need a service.

Craig_m67

Ha... Crumplefrontskin... That's brilliant

I'm all Bevis and butthead now
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

cc

After sending several pics to a bodywoork shop in Brisbane a qoute minimum was $5000.

Citroënbender

I'm curious - were you expecting to hear much less?

cc

no, am a newbie in regard to bodywork costs CB. A lot of the appeal of the project is learning 'new stuff!' Am scheduled to collect the car in the last fortnight of June. A family member got a quote to have it brought up to Brisbane; $2200. Partly to dissuade me from the project..: unsuccessfully : )

To hire a tray back and trailer & do it myself, is about $1100.

am thinking to do the rebuild over a couple of years. Am wondering if the sub frame has telegraphed the front crash impact through the six (or is it eight) bolts that attach it to the body..into the body causing deformation around the bolts : (

Have attached a pic of alfa1 as found at the wreckers.  Was like finding a pearl in an oyster.
Also when I snuck her in at an Ormiston show when i wasnt an aroca member.

bazzbazz

Where is the car being picked up from?

My son got a Golf GTi picked up from Melb and brought up on a commercial car carrier to Brisbane all for about $650. That was about 3 years ago, surely prices haven't risen that much?
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

cc

It may be more expensive for Alfa2 being a non starter and on the south coast of nsw and not in a capital city. Could you direct email me with the name of the carrier please Baz.

bazzbazz

South Coast NSW? Wollongong area close enough?

Try these guys - https://www.carcarriers.com.au/car-carrying/
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast