Hi Guys from the Uk. Modified GT cloverleaf 170 q2

Started by Alfagt170q2, April 02, 2018, 04:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfagt170q2

Hi guys just saying hi. Found this new forum. I have always respected how great the Alfa scene is down under.  Just wanted to share my Gt project.
Its my second GT and its a little dream build I had done over the last 4 years.
She started out as a standard GT cloverleaf 170 q2 model. Yes a derv. lol. I nearly bought the V6 but in the uk they ended production in 2005 and finding a good one was tough. Plus I came from a turbo tuning car back ground, and felt something special was achievable with this car.
So years on we have her at 277bhp with 600nm of torque. Through a turbo dynamics hybrid turbo, full wizard exhaust system and full cooling mods, FMIC by JTD tuning in holland and Water meth injection. Uprated smf Autolusso gta strengthened clutch kit puts the power down. Also full chassis mods all new wishbones and uprated eibach ARB's and at the moment Eibach pro S coilovers soon to be replaced with fully adjustable KW3's. Rear chassis strengthening underbrace. Also powder poly bushed coated rear arms. Later spec 3.2 brembo brake kit with 330 mtec black discs. Also 19x8 OZ superleggera wheels. Have used her many times on track and she is sublime.

poohbah

Welcome mate, the more the merrier. Sounds like a ripper. Got any pics?
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Alfagt170q2

Thanks Poobah. Pleasure to show you my car. :-)

Pseudonym

Awesome, nice work. I didn't know what derv meant then I read 600nm of torque and was like oh, oh I see [emoji23]

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

poohbah

Wow, she looks terrific. One of the best looking GT's I've seen. Love the black finish 19" rims and that neat little boot spoiler - they really compliment the GT shape and bring it together.

I'm not sure how big the tuning scene for later model Alfas is in Oz, but I reckon you could inspire a few more folks to have a red-hot crack.

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

bazzbazz

Well you've got her putting out the same power as a new Giulia Veloce but with an extra 200nm to boot, and it's a diesel, so you should be able to cross the UK on a single tank of gas and just as fast.   ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Alfagt170q2

Thanks for the kind words guys.  Look forward to updating as my little journey with the car continues.

Damien.

baldrick

Very nice.... Not aware of any diesel GT's in Oz and rattle-juice is not associated with performance cars at all in this part of the world so your GT will certainly raise eyebrows.

Craig_m67

He's in the UK.

There are a few Dervs floating around that got here using there own black magic.
A well sorted derv is a quick thing
(Noisy, smelly, limited RPM but a bunch of fun non the less)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

baldrick

Picked up Alfagt170q2 was in the UK, my comments were for him as on an Oz list his  GT would be a real oddity. Are there any diesel GT's in OZ? 147's 156's 159's yes, but GT's?

Craig_m67

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

baldrick

lol... never..! 159 is what I thought I was typing.

bazzbazz

I've seen one, one owner, dutifully cared for, up for sale. One of only two in Australia, so if you're looking to purchase a piece of unique Australian Alfa history just post here and the owner will contact you.  ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au