Insurace Claim Help?

Started by V AR 164, March 28, 2018, 09:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V AR 164

Hi all,

Would like to get some general advice regarding Insurance claims and such.

If a car is fitted with a loud exhaust, would insurance see this as an 'issue' and not cover it in the case of an accident? I'd think that it has nothing to do with the safety of the car and that it wouldn't play a part in an accident, or am I wrong?

Just asking for a friend,

Cheers, Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

donato234

Is the issue regarding anything to do with the Exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V AR 164

Nothing to do with it at all, rear-ended someone who suddenly slammed on brakes in front of them.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Citroƫnbender

Your friend would do well to buy and use a dash cam from this point. It may help resolve any similar future issues. They're getting quite affordable.

I can't see a declined claim due to a non-notifiable, non-illegal modification getting past the FSO or whatever the office is called this week.

bazzbazz

Depends on if the exhaust will pass a standard roadworthy, as long as the mod does not cause the car to fail a roadworthy there should be no issue.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Pseudonym

Above should be correct. Although I once had a prang, he was at fault but they still tried it on, and rac defended the claim on my third party, at no point was the fact that I had upgraded rims or exhaust mentioned. They would have passed inspection but I never bothered getting permits. That said if there's a way for an insurer to weasel out of something I'd expect them to try it.

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk