F/s Duetto 1600 LHD 1966 Restoration Project

Started by Dna Dave, March 22, 2018, 11:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dna Dave

Hi guys,

I purchased this car as part of a package deal, was contemplating restoring it myself but have come to the realisation that I have to many projects at the moment.

Car in need of total restoration, had been bead blasted many years ago and had keyphos applied, now has surface rust but the sills are good, the floors are good with a rust spot in one corner, and the boot floor is very good, all the panels that are on the car are very good. It does roll very easily with the suspension still in it and the original differential still fitted.

Comes with the factory hardtop that is shown in the photos that does need rust repairs to the front lip and needs all the stainless steel triming,  it does come with the rear glass of the factory hardtop.

Nose and front guard was removed and has no hanging panels with the car other than a secondhand boot lid that I have recently purchased from the states, the Bonnet and doors can be used from a kamm tail spider with minimal modifications.  The front nose and guard can be purchased from overseas suppliers, or they can be used from a kamm tail spider, which I do know of a cheap one for sale, can be purchased at an extra cost. (Owners details will be passed on to new owner of this car).

Other parts include the panel between the windscreen and bonnet (i think its called Scuttle panel) and an NOS front lower panel that is under the heart, and also new aftermarket floors, which I don't think it needs but they do come with the car.

Also comes with the seats that are in good condition, the dash without gauges, but has the vents and radio blanking plate and various other bits and pieces.

Vin # AR660353, which Corresponds to a Alfa Romeo spider "Duetto" 1600, (105.03) Manufactured on 14 April 1966 and sold on 30 April 1966 to Alfa Romeo Inc. from Newark USA, it was a one of the first batch to the USA.  The body colour was ivory with black skai interiors.

I have been contacted by one of the previous owners (he purchased it in 1992 and sold it in 2008)  he still is in possession of the original matching numbers engine and original gearbox among a lot of other bits including gauges, bumpers, lights and hardware for the doors etc, and he is happy to negotiate a sale for these items, I have also located the original soft top frame and soft top and the owner of those items are also happy to negotiate a sale, these are separate to this listing.

Price is $7000 firm

Location is Concord NSW

Thanks David
Zero41962419three
1980 Alfa gtv racecar, 2.0L twinspark turbo
1991 Alfa 75 Potenziata
2009 Alfa Mito VRA Racecar
1974 Alfetta sedan
2003 Mitsubishi Evo3 RS
2008 Alfa GT 3.2L
2007 Mazerati MC Victory

Past,