147 front seat options

Started by Divano Veloce, March 22, 2018, 09:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divano Veloce

I have a facelift 147 with leather seats. They look fantastic but are just terrible for sporting or long distance drives - no lateral support anywhere, what bolsters there are are too far apart and the lumbar support is mushy. This was a surprise as they look very similar to a set of 156 seats that I have that are just superb to sit in. What alternatives are there for this car? Are the pre facelift seats different it a good way? Monza seats?
1968 Berlina TS
1989 75 TS
1990 75 TS
2007 147 JTD

bazzbazz

Ti Seats have deeper bolsters, finding a set will be the challenge.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

johnl

How strong are you? With bravery and brute force it is possible to squeeze the side bolsters closer together, at least it is with the Ti seats.

I did this to my Ti drivers' seat almost straight after I'd bought it. The seat was originally Papa Bear, but is now Goldilocks.

Regards,
John.

Divano Veloce

John, you're hilarious! Total respect for the way you solve problems
1968 Berlina TS
1989 75 TS
1990 75 TS
2007 147 JTD

bazzbazz

Sooo . . . .  Papa Bear, about this young Goldilocks girl you are driving around with sitting in your lap . . . .  :o

;D
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

johnl

The seat was Papa Bears not mine, i.e. too wide for me when I needed something 'just right". I suppose that in this story, Goldilocks is me, so any inappropriate behaviour is entirely my own business...

I've done this more or less same seat mod to three cars, a Cressida, a CB7 Accord, and now the 147. For some seats it isn't as easy, the side bolters can be internally too rigid to bend (at least with my strength).

Regards,
John.

bazzbazz

On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast