Top Radiator Hose (2.2JTS)

Started by Maltalfisti, April 10, 2024, 05:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maltalfisti

My mechanic can't get hold of the top radiator hose anywhere within the Melbourne region.

Any suggestions from where I can import one from overseas, or should I hunt down a secondhand one from a wreck somewhere?

Is this the same part from NZ? https://fiatparts.co.nz/products/top-radiator-hose-1
The only problem with the GTV6? They forgot to install the flux capacitor...

bazzbazz

Have you tried Arese Spares in Sydney or Italian Automotive Spares in Melbourne?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Domenic

tell your mechanic to use their mechanic skills and make something up to work.
The hoses have been discontinued since September 2023. Just like the majority of other components/parts for the 159 series cars. So unless someone is holding onto some old stock, you will struggle just like your mechanic to find a replacement.

bazzbazz

Quote from: Domenic on April 11, 2024, 09:20:59 AMtell your mechanic to use their mechanic skills and make something up to work.

Welcome to the "plug & play" society.   ::)

Places like Supercheap have bins full of all sorts or radiator & cooling hoses, I'm sure one could find something there that could be altered to fit. I've done it
with 147 upper hoses, so one should be able to do so for a 159.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

MD

Maltalfisti,

That Kiwi hose cannot be the correct one. It's gold platted which explains the price.

Go the Baz route. Get 2 hoses of approximate bend, shape and length. Trim to make correct length. Install a joiner with 2 hose clamps. Job done for the price of a packet of corn flakes.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0