ItalCarGuy

Enough about vanilla V8's  :P 

Have a listen to the Montreal V8! This popped up on my feed today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Rh8os40Ts

Duk

Farrah is very much hit and miss!
Some of his stuff is quite good.

But........
The Montreal engine has a flat plane crank!
And then he does a U-yurn on a highway near a corner............. Dumb sh!t!

It would have been great if Alfa Romeo had just blow caution to the wind, said FU to Formula 1 for their road cars and built a 4 litre variant of the engine.
The Daily: Jumped Up Taxi (BF F6 Typhoon). Oh the torque! ;)
The Slightly More Imediate Project: Supercharged Toyota MR2.
The Long Standing Conundrum: 1990 75 V6 (Potenziata)............. What to do, what to do???

Cool Jesus

Absolutely Duk. One of.these gems is definitely on my must have list. Damn classic Alfa prices are sky rocketing. The Monty could be had for $50K only 5 years ago. These have at least doubled in value along with all the other Alfa's of that era. She does sound fantastic.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

bazzbazz

So, you can afford a Montreal . . . . . I've said it before, I'll say it again . . . ADOPT ME!  ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

poohbah

Thanks for that link Derek, I've now got hours of happy viewing the Smoking Tire channel. :D

His video of the '78 WRC winning Fiat Abarth 131 (the actual car, fresh from a rebuild with 0 miles on it) is brilliant. Then there's the Stratos, and the Fulvia Rallye ...
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

ItalCarGuy

Quote from: poohbah on February 23, 2018, 11:00:33 PM
Thanks for that link Derek, I've now got hours of happy viewing the Smoking Tire channel. :D

His video of the '78 WRC winning Fiat Abarth 131 (the actual car, fresh from a rebuild with 0 miles on it) is brilliant. Then there's the Stratos, and the Fulvia Rallye ...

Happy to help another waste their time as well ;D

Although the vid was done by someone without much clue as to what he was driving and why the engine is so good, I thoroughly enjoyed the sounds he got it to make! At least he drove it with a bit of spirit. There is one clip on YouTube titled something like 'Montreal Driven Hard' and the guy barely changes gears above idle revs!

It does give me a bit more motivation to get cracking on my project.

ItalCarGuy

It's still there. I checked on  current aerial view a few months back. I know of others with deeper pockets than me who have tried too. Seems no amount will secure it. Past saving now, but damn I could use many parts off it for mine...

bazzbazz

WHY?  WHY ?

Why let it rot rather than sell it to be restored? Why?   ???
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Garibaldi

Quote from: bazzbazz on February 23, 2018, 11:52:00 PM
WHY?  WHY ?

Why let it rot rather than sell it to be restored? Why?   ???

NQR  :o :o :o

poohbah

Whereabouts is that decaying Monty, local NSW?

Can't the owner be reported to the Humane Society, Heritage Trust, Hague War Crimes tribunal or similar ?
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

aggie57

Great video...not sure why the negatives so fast.  Sure he gets some things wrong and doesn't get into the mechanical details but he's enjoying the things that make the MontrĂ©al so great.

Brings back wonderful memories sharing time with a long departed friend in his MontrĂ©al in the Adelaide hills many years ago. This is just as I remember it, vivid memories even now of that glorious V8 reving out gear to gear.  What a car, what an Alfa. What a friend!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Colin Edwards

There will be a sweet sounding Montreal raced at the Phillip Island Festival of Speed next weekend.  Worth going down to the Island just for that!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5