In-car at Sandown anyone?

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, June 22, 2006, 10:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Does anyone have any in-car footage of Sandown available, or know of any links to some?  Would like to know which way the track goes before the Sprint.  Is any of the in-car stuff on the AROCA video I recieved when I joined taken at Sandown?

Scott Farquharson

I have a fair bit but I am not sure if I have any in the right format - I will see what I can do.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

Don't stress too much, did manage to find a lap eventually, unfortunately it's in a 600hp  Subaroo and not a 160hp Alfa, but that's okay.  Is there just the one track layout at Sandown?  If not which will we be using?

Evan Bottcher

There's only one format that I've ever driven.  I have the circuit on "v8 supercars 2" on the playstation which is pretty handy!

Here's a couple of laps in a Porsche Cayman from video.google.com:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6847738528593933417&q=sandown
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4951271665790197982&q=sandown

Trent Harrison has some great DVDs of historic sandown last year that would be a great help.  If you're anywhere near Bayswater in the next week you might like to purchase a copy.

Scott: you need to crunch your video down to a reasonable size - not sure what tools you've got - I used 'kino' under linux to do the job last time.  Then sign up for http://video.google.com and upload your videos.  Then you can link to them from here - Jim Nielsen's videos look great, I'm sure you can put him to shame?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Scott Farquharson

Only one Sandown layout these days - back in the 80's they used an in field section to comply with intnl grp a regs for track lenght but this was later abandoned although still driveable.  Track mods to cater for the horse track a couple of yrs ago now mean the in field section is all but gone and certainly not driveable.

Instead of going over the top at the end of the back straight (the best corner on the track) you did a sharp turn left into the infield - some more sharp corners and then back out closer to Dandt rd corner.  It was cr@p.

I will have a look at the video formats over the weekend.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

Cool, thanx for the info, I was told by someone who used to race a while ago that the shorter track was shithouse, off camber and boring.  Didn't know what the story was with the track nowadays.  Good to know the video i'm watching is the right track.  Cheers guys

Alfpa Repairs

I have in car footage on DVD from myself and my Dad from Historic Sandown last year.

If you are in Bayswater at all this week let me know and I will burn you a copy, that goes for anyone.

You can call me on:  0421 045 587 (or even send me an SMS either way it works)
email:  trent-harrison7@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Monza Motors, (03) 9720 4442
Alfpa Repairs, (03) 9729 9946
4 Malvern Street Bayswater, VIC, 3153