Giulia QV Review - Rubbish Journalism (Surprise, surprise...)

Started by Citroënbender, January 29, 2018, 09:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

A car with alleged ORC around AUD$150K (Jan '18) and a review shallower than a Slip'n'Slide.   >:(

https://www.qt.com.au/news/its-not-happy-going-slow-alfa-romeo-giulia-qv/3319740/

Lots of facile comments, superficial comparisons with the current C63 Benz (why don't they just get one of those instead and stop pretending to "review" something else?) - and of course avoiding the real question of whether it is "worth" anything remotely approaching its asking price. 

I reckon for $150K that you could buy a Ferrari 400i, convert it to aftermarket EFI, fit a GearVendors overdrive, container it to Europe, have a summer driving holiday, freight it back and still have two bob in your skyrocket. Not that such a prescription would appeal to everyone; we're human after all.

poohbah

Very much morning-breakfast-TV style analysis.

Still, they said everything bad they could think of, and still both gave it a tick.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Citroënbender

Good comparison with brekky television.  Haven't had a TV for years; barely miss it! Outlaws are glued to the rotten thing.

As the day goes

"eight-speed double-clutch gearbox"

Nuff said/

The skirt looks good butt.

And did you see what shitbox won over the Guilia in the Wheels SUV of the Year comp?

Duk

Quote from: Citroënbender on January 29, 2018, 12:18:47 PM
Haven't had a TV for years; barely miss it! Outlaws are glued to the rotten thing.

GOOD CALL!!!

1 of the best moves anyone can make, in my opinion, is to get rid of the d@mn things!
Nothing but pure rubbish.

Personally I havene't had it at home since they got rid of the analogue TV signal and I had my back to it in the cribroom where I use to work. I literally have not seen any TV for over 9 months, since I got a gig in a different department.

Oh, and dickheads reviewing cars are just that, DICKHEADS!  ;D
The Daily: Jumped Up Taxi (BF F6 Typhoon). Oh the torque! ;)
The Slightly More Imediate Project: Supercharged Toyota MR2.
The Long Standing Conundrum: 1990 75 V6 (Potenziata)............. What to do, what to do???

Colin Edwards

Those two "reviewers" like most others are so used to SPAM appliances and other white goods, they wouldn't know a half decent car if it dropped out the sky on them! 
Huge difference between a car "review" and a car "test".  Whatever the "review" or "test" however, most seem obsessed with the toys and care little about what the car is like to DRIVE. 

Cars are becoming more regarded as a consumer item than a ROAD VEHICLE.
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5