Previous topic - Next topic

poohbah

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

AlfettaResto

Hi

I too used an aluminium strip to replace the piece of plastic on my Alfetta dash.  I got the aluminium strip from Bunnings.  To secure to the dash I drilled two small holes per section and tapped a thread in them.  I then cut the head of some bolts and screwed in place on the aluminium sections.  I glued these threaded sections in place so they would never come out.  I also sanded the surface so the bolt and the face of the sections were smooth but if you look closely you will still see where the bolts are.  put back in place and secured by a nut and washer.  Overall a lot better than what was there and it should never come off again.

Mark

bonno

Hi
Been offline for a week or so, as I was in Tassie enjoying the sights. With respect to adequately securing trim, on my recently refurbished dash the only trim  that incorporates the added securing mechanism to warrant bolting or clamping is the glove box trim circled in red (refer to attached photo). I consider that the additional weight from plastic to CRS 304 secured by good quality silicone plus the added preparation should be adequate. Further information added.
If the option to secure trims down is preferred, then another method is to secure screw/bolts is to attach flat head fasteners with a good quality epoxy on the underside of trim, thus eliminate the need to screw thru the trim and leave signs of fixing.
cheers
bonno

Citroënbender

We're waiting for the driving highlights/lowlights of your holiday!  :)

bonno

One of the highlights of the Tassie trip was the car show in Hobart