Another 3L into Alfetta conversion

Started by GTVeloce, March 18, 2018, 10:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

I have decided to go ahead with a V6 conversion for my 86 GTV, which currently has a TS motor and transaxle in it. I have procured a 164 12V engine and that is as far as I have got. My plans are to install the engine with the Motronic ECU. I have been researching options and necessities and have come up with the following specific to installing a 6cyl into a 4cyl car.
- Need to modify front engine mounts to accept the V6
- Rear engine mount should work without modification
- Planning to use the front half of a V6 prop shaft mated to the rear of my TS prop shaft
- Planning to keep the rear of the car completely TS e.g. half shafts etc

I want to run A/C and power steering. The engine currently has all (164) ancillaries; am I able to use any/all of them or do I need to swap some over i.e. perhaps the PS pump won't work with a TS rack? Is the 164 AC compressor any good? I have a spare TS compressor I can use but guessing this may entail bracket modifications which if I don't have to I would prefer not to. Anyone know what size the 164 alternator is? 85amp?

How does the pulley/flywheel work if you stay with Motronic? e.g. CAS etc. Most of the conversions I am reading about swap a 3L for a 2.5L and use a lot of the 2.5 stuff including L-jet but I am very keen to use Motronic.

I am sure I will have plenty more questions but this is a start.