Broadford

Started by ajt42, January 21, 2018, 08:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajt42

A huge thanks to all concerned for running the Broadford sprints today.   A bit warm but an enjoyable day all round. 

Also, thank you to all our members who participated in the parade laps!   We will hopefully do the same thing at Sandown on the 25th February!

Neil Choi

Those who helped:
Ross Flood, Alan Morrison, David Floyd, Bruno Colautti, Evan Bottcher, Mandy Thompson, Allan Goodall, Joe Ardi, Alan Hopla, Graham Williams, Charles (forgotten last name), Damon Choi, Cailum Choi, Bruce Cochrane, and many others who helped in scrutineering.
What a fantastic day, though a bit humid, sun stayed partly covered so temperature was pleasantly down a bit.  The number of car turned out was tremendous, lots of Alfa's, MG's MX5's and a variety of other marques.  No incidents and only a few spins here and there.  A couple of black flags, including ourselves for a minor issue with a lanyard coming untangled and the 20G of energy it will produce if striking the driver.
The Twin Spark Cup Series Challenge has kicked off with great success, 5 shared cars started with 10 drivers.  The 147 unfortunately didn't get too far with a clutch issue.  Two GTV's and two 156's finished the day after doing double stints.  One ever drove home after a hard day at the office, our's.  It then did work duties.  Word on the street is that there are a number of people interested and looking or bought the right cars.  Watch out the next round. 
Doing well and leading the challenge are Hugh Harrison and Damon Choi in two different TS and different state of performance and preparation.  Cailum Choi and Ed Genis both did well too to be within seconds in their shared cars.  Tom and Jim Taylor within 0.3 seconds of each other in their red GTV.  Sheldon McIntosh and Evan Bottcher debut their 156 with all its glories including some rather dodgy black rubber donut things on rims called tyres.  Not doubt this was their limitation in producing even better laptimes. 
That said, lap times between the TS Cup cars were within 5 seconds, with a very varied driving skills and experience levels and various stages of car preparation and built.  Competition is looking to be very even and tight.
Well done all officials and competitors and a successful year of competition to be had in 2018.

Neil Choi

You too can have fluffy dice.  Not sure how it passed scrutineering.
And some modern and some classic.
One very well presented Stepnose.

As the day goes

I was there too!
Except I got there 24hours too early. Doh!  Well the motor bikes were okay. Would have gone back except the missus wanted ti go to tje beach.

Looks like a great day was held. Hope to make it to the next one.

another onr for twin spark cup hope to have it ready for sandown

Thevak

Thanks Neil and company for organising the event. Unfortunately my 147 had failure in the transmission on the third run.

Thanks especially to Sheldon and Bruno for the tow. I was able to meet up with a tow truck back to Melbourne.
1970 GT Junior 1300
2002 147
1988 33 1.7EI