Alfa GT V6 Seriously thinking/looking

Started by ugame, January 19, 2018, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugame

UPDATE
This is on hold as I have now opted for a Cayman S which I should take delivery of in 2 ot 3 weeks.
/UPDATE

There's a reason this is in the WA area and not the FS/WTB section.

I just want to put it out there that if anyone in WA, especially within the Club is selling a good condition GT 937, please let me know.

V6 Manual only.

Low K well kept example with all keys and books and full service history.

Colour preference would be black over tan.

I am kicking myself after missing out on the Red 2010 limited edition one that went recently, and already it's turned into a haunting "coulda-woulda-shoulda" story.

Now I'm not made of cash so of course the numbers have to line up, but I would be seriously interested in the right car at the right price, and you are assured it will be going to a good home.

Why WA? I don't think I can justify the hassle of interstate unless it's something really very special.

As with my current GTV and 147 (this car may replace both) it would be serviced by Chileberti motors under my ownership.

After seeing one this morning again in traffic and hearing the engine, even at low revs, I'm in the "You only live once" mindset.

I Love my GTV and my 147, and a car that combines both (pretty much) and that is Busso powered, well to me, it now seems like a no brainer.

There was a wonderful looking one at the Pasta Run last year. I'd even be happy to simply be considered for "first refusal" on a car that is currently not for sale.
That one was black over tan.
If anyone knows the owner and wants to make them aware of this thread, feel free.
Past: 180SX | 300ZX Twin Turbo | 350Z HR Roadster | 300C 5.7 V8 HEMI | 98 GTV 2.0 TS
Present: 2002 GTV 2.0 TS | 147 TS | 74 Super Beetle | Porsche Cayman S 987.1
Future: I've stopped looking. Wife says "No more Alfas" lol.

Hilton White

G'day - I am an Alfa Club member in Tasmania.  I have a 2006 GT v6, but don't think I will sell it.  However, there is one on Gumtree (Tasmania) owned by Gordon Henry in Hobart.  Low kms, good colour.  I bought my 2001 v6 Spider from him/his brother (Norman Henry), and they are both very knowledgeable and "major motorheads."  Hope this may be of help.  Hilton White in Bridport, Tasmania.

ugame

Thanks for the heads up Hilton.

Really only looking at WA but appreciate your input.

Past: 180SX | 300ZX Twin Turbo | 350Z HR Roadster | 300C 5.7 V8 HEMI | 98 GTV 2.0 TS

ugame

Well this idea is on hold now as I test drove a cayman last weekend, and put money down yesterday.

I will have a busso one day but for now.....and for quite a while, I've take a detour via Germany.

MattD

it sounds like I was a step of you , I recently purchased a low mileage 2010 100th anniversary edition from WA in December 2017 and the car is in VIC . I just put the number plates on yesterday !

There is one up for sale in Melbourne and not sure if you would consider it . It is champagne gold with black interior , mileage under 80k , no marks on the body , fitted with Q2 .

Quote from: ugame on January 19, 2018, 01:34:15 PM
There's a reason this is in the WA area and not the FS/WTB section.

I just want to put it out there that if anyone in WA, especially within the Club is selling a good condition GT 937, please let me know.

V6 Manual only.

Low K well kept example with all keys and books and full service history.

Colour preference would be black over tan.

I am kicking myself after missing out on the Red 2010 limited edition one that went recently, and already it's turned into a haunting "coulda-woulda-shoulda" story.

Now I'm not made of cash so of course the numbers have to line up, but I would be seriously interested in the right car at the right price, and you are assured it will be going to a good home.

Why WA? I don't think I can justify the hassle of interstate unless it's something really very special.

As with my current GTV and 147 (this car may replace both) it would be serviced by Chileberti motors under my ownership.

After seeing one this morning again in traffic and hearing the engine, even at low revs, I'm in the "You only live once" mindset.

I Love my GTV and my 147, and a car that combines both (pretty much) and that is Busso powered, well to me, it now seems like a no brainer.

There was a wonderful looking one at the Pasta Run last year. I'd even be happy to simply be considered for "first refusal" on a car that is currently not for sale.
That one was black over tan.
If anyone knows the owner and wants to make them aware of this thread, feel free.

bazzbazz

Just out of curiosity, have you mentioned this "great idea" to your other half yet, or are you still flying solo ?   ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

ugame

Quote from: bazzbazz on February 10, 2018, 05:58:51 PM
Just out of curiosity, have you mentioned this "great idea" to your other half yet, or are you still flying solo ?   ;)

Keep up people..... see post above ;)

This idea is on hold as I have now put down a deposit on a Porsche Cayman S.

MattD ah that was YOU!

Yes I had the wifes blessing on that one, but I left it 1 week before my initial inquiry of the car, and ringing again to go see it. That was 1 week 2 long lol.

Wonderful car. Red one yes?

Congratulations.

But no hard feelings. low millage Cayman S on it's way to me :)