Good place for rust repairs in Melbourne

Started by 105Veloce, January 17, 2018, 07:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

105Veloce

Hi folks,

For various reasons, I haven't done any work on my 1750 GTV in over a year.

To get the ball rolling again I'd like to get the rust repairs done by a shop. The big job is the front floor pan, but I'll also need the radiator crossed member welded in, and the frame around the read window.

Can anyone recommend a good body shop who has experience with 105s? I'd like to get the car blasted at the same time, so would prefer a shop with those facilities as well.

I'm located in Bulleen, but I'm happy to travel pretty much anywhere in Melbourne.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Luke
'70 1750 GTV restoration project

bonno

Luke
I have sent you a PM on a contact that may be suitable for the planned restoration work.
Cheers
bonno

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: 105Veloce on January 17, 2018, 07:55:49 PM
Hi folks,

For various reasons, I haven't done any work on my 1750 GTV in over a year.

To get the ball rolling again I'd like to get the rust repairs done by a shop. The big job is the front floor pan, but I'll also need the radiator crossed member welded in, and the frame around the read window.

Can anyone recommend a good body shop who has experience with 105s? I'd like to get the car blasted at the same time, so would prefer a shop with those facilities as well.

I'm located in Bulleen, but I'm happy to travel pretty much anywhere in Melbourne.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Luke

Hi Luke
I advise having a chat with Paul Rankin in Bayswater.
He has probably done more 105s than any other restorer over the last 35 years or so.
He has done several of my cars and I can recommend him highly.
Happy to chat.
Just PM me as required.
Phil

105Veloce

Thanks for that guys! They both seem to have a very high quality of work, so I'll have a chat with them next week.

Cheers,

Luke

kaleuclint

2011 159ti 1750TBi

As the day goes

Extreme Body Repairs Dandenong another alt

LaStregaNera

Historic and Vintage?
http://www.historicvintagerestorations.com/

They've done some absolutely beautiful work on restoring a family friend's Sprint Speciale. They've got a ton of 105 experience too.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Balfa

I would be interested to find out who you end up using and what level of metal work you end up doing.

And if it's not sensitive, a ball-park figure of the quote so I can think ahead about any future alfa projects I might pick up :)

105Veloce

I had a chat with Paul Rankin the other day. He seems extremely knowledgeable so I'm more than likely going to get him to do the repairs.

If a few things fall into place I'll hopefully be able to drop the car off late Feb/early March.

Mr Frog

Silver105

I would highly recommend Vito at Polo Bodyworks in Braeside. He is an Alfa guy has  a 105 himself and he is doing mine but also a 105 GTA replica plus his workshop has a Maserati Ghibli and a Ferrari 330 gtc and lambo Diablo and has photos of previous 105's completed on the walls. Importantly his does not overcharge like some !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk