147 Breaking

Started by Citroënbender, January 08, 2018, 09:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

Silver grey 5 door, ZAR937000 0310 8851 showing 127315 km, heavy impact to OSR door while not moving.

The following items are identified as redundant to my purchase and will be available in the northern suburbs of Sydney ASAP after January 15th, 2018.

I'll add prices once I know the merit of the pieces.  Nothing will be dear.

• Mechanical lock set (no chip or remote), one key blade in battered flip case missing roundel and battery pocket. Fuel cap (typical failure - key fits/turns/doesn't lock), airbag defeat, front door cylinders, ignition barrel- $65
  • Fuel tank and pump - no fuel included
  • Spine brace with handbrake lever and cables, cable hangers perished/failed as usual - FREE, $20 deposit by PP refunded 100% on pickup
  • Washer bottle with pump - FREE, $20 deposit by PP refunded 100% on pickup
  • Front wiper motor, mechanism and wiper arms, standard type blades usable condition - $50
  • Rear wiper motor, jet assembly, outer trim and arm with usable blade - $30
  • Driveshaft pair, good boots
  • Steering column including intermediate section, with stalks
  • Engine on a pallet, with PAS pump and alternator, no covers for belts, no factual comment available on timing or other belts yet
  • Bonnet lining, struts, hinges - FREE, $20 deposit by PP refunded 100% on pickup
  • Sundry scuff plates and pillar trims - set aside for now
  • Dash pad and magnesium dash brace - FREE, $20 deposit by PP refunded 100% on pickup
  • HVAC box less some sensors and stepper motors, missing or broken ears for console side clips - FREE, $20 deposit by PP refunded 100% on pickup
  • OSF door, no mirror, with glass and mechanical parts inside (door latch, link wires, sundry clips) - $75
  • OSR door for salvage of miscellaneous parts only - will need cutting open - $25
  • NSF door, parts as per OSF door - $50
  • NSR door, parts similar to NSF door - $30
  • Carpet (deep charcoal) including underlays, makes me cry to see how much better than the last car's one, this is - $20
  • Door trims (four) less driver's door control unit, charcoal cloth coming loose like they all do and grab handles sticky, pop-in blanking plugs marred, priced as a set of four - $20
  • Red leather seats, perforated padding type, all headrests, light wear only, no console - all gone to Fleabay
  • Airbag module and full pyrotechnics kit - gone to Fleabay
  • Front lighting - NS lamp unit cracked but visible lense OK, some bulbs blown, OS unit fine, no bulbs, blinkers set aside for now, headlights gone to Fleabay - $50 RH, $15 LH
  • Radiator, condenser, fan
  • Front subframe with steering rack, lower radiator support rail
  • Front uprights, condition unknown
  • Rear uprights, appear original and shocks expired
  • F/R brake calipers with flex hoses
  • Rear subframe (looks very clean)
  • Exhaust system, end to end
  • Rear lights, outermost assembly on offside has starred lens - gone to Fleabay
  • Tailgate with glass, dented, without trim - FREE, $20 deposit by PP refunded 100% on pickup
  • Spare and tool kit (screwdriver and wheel brace missing) - FREE, $20 deposit by PP refunded 100% on pickup

Citroënbender

Surf's up...

Wipeout!  :o

Front and Rear Wipers available, as sets. Usable (roadworthy) "refill" type blades come with each wiper arm. The front blade carriers have INTACT OEM J-CLIPS. Read that again; from my experience these are nearly always broken, or replaced by some sort of "fits all" J-clip.  Or the broken clip is augmented by cable ties, as per many workshops... 

The only thing I am less than excited about, is the water supply juncture for the rear wiper (where it enters the shaft collar and seals with a miniscule o-ring) is not super-snug. 

Front Wiper Kit (motor, linkage, arms) a screaming bargain at $50 cash, pickup or extra posted.
Rear Wiper Kit (motor/frame, arm) $30, terms ditto.

Citroënbender

Sold a few bits, ironically could have sold the boot lock motor but it wasn't there when I bought the car... 

To highlight a well-priced item:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232173361480

£21 posted for two new door handle plugs - that's what - $35?  I reckon there are a couple on my $20 door trim set that are darned near as good.  And a bunch of the panel clips, too! 

My younger brother is a weather forecaster, and likes to point out that we're approaching the traditionally rainy season for Sydney and areas up/down from it.  Maybe a good time to grab a spare wiper assembly!  Had the linkage break mid-road trip on a Renault once, wouldn't wipe in the rain, and when driving in the dry the wipers would "flick" up unpredictably with airflow, very distracting for the driver.  Plan ahead, get your spare wiper kits now; be safe and smug.

Citroënbender

JOUSTING STICKS SOLD, SORRY.