105 step-front project car EOI

Started by Grechj, January 06, 2018, 06:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grechj

Hi all,

I haven't posted before but it's time to ask if there is any interest in my 1967 (and a half - step front and high rear wheel arches) GTV step front.

I bought the car about a year ago here in Canberra. Prior to that, the previous owner said he had it restored in the early 2000s. He said it had a partial floor restoration as part of that work. During his ownership he also had the 1600 engine swapped out for a 1750 engine.

He had someone give it a little hit over the left back panel in a car park (you can see it in one of the pics).

After that, it sat outdoors for what I think is about a decade (here in Canberra).

Since I've had it I have had the engine and gearbox removed and fully restored. New pistons and piston sleeves, new gearbox synchro - the whole box and dice.

I had the engine ported and polished and the flywheel slightly lightened. The aim was to make the engine 'better than factory' rather than trick it up too much.

I have kept the engine and gearbox (and Webber's etc) out of the shell as the next stage is stripping the body and getting it right again.

As you can see in the pics, the body and interior is pretty tired ( nicely cooked up in the Australian sun) but it's all there and ready to restore.

You can also see that the engine is pretty good to go (I've got all the receipts for that work too).

In the current state, it's hard to price and heartbreaking to let go of - but two little kids and a possible home purchase in the works means the project might need to go.

The car is in Canberra.

More than anything, I'm looking for an EOI to see if anyone is keen on what is a pretty great project car and what kind of numbers people are willing to offer.

I'm sure everyone here on the forum appreciates step-fronts being one of the more sought-after 105s, let alone Alfas in general.

Happy to chat/discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grechj

Quote from: Grechj on January 06, 2018, 06:41:35 PM
Hi all,

I haven't posted before but it's time to ask if there is any interest in my 1967 (and a half - step front and high rear wheel arches) GTV step front.

I bought the car about a year ago here in Canberra. Prior to that, the previous owner said he had it restored in the early 2000s. He said it had a partial floor restoration as part of that work. During his ownership he also had the 1600 engine swapped out for a 1750 engine.

He had someone give it a little hit over the left back panel in a car park (you can see it in one of the pics).

After that, it sat outdoors for what I think is about a decade (here in Canberra).

Since I've had it I have had the engine and gearbox removed and fully restored. New pistons and piston sleeves, new gearbox synchro - the whole box and dice.

I had the engine ported and polished and the flywheel slightly lightened. The aim was to make the engine 'better than factory' rather than trick it up too much.

I have kept the engine and gearbox (and Webber's etc) out of the shell as the next stage is stripping the body and getting it right again.

As you can see in the pics, the body and interior is pretty tired ( nicely cooked up in the Australian sun) but it's all there and ready to restore.

You can also see that the engine is pretty good to go (I've got all the receipts for that work too).

In the current state, it's hard to price and heartbreaking to let go of - but two little kids and a possible home purchase in the works means the project might need to go.

The car is in Canberra.

More than anything, I'm looking for an EOI to see if anyone is keen on what is a pretty great project car and what kind of numbers people are willing to offer.

I'm sure everyone here on the forum appreciates step-fronts being one of the more sought-after 105s, let alone Alfas in general.

Happy to chat/discuss.

Hi everyone,

There has been a great deal of feedback and plenty of advice ... so I have decided to list my stepfront on eBay. You can find it here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Sprint-GT-Veloce-1967/222787506844

Josh

Grechj

Hi all,

I have a google photos album with a great deal more images of the car and have added receipts for the engine and gearbox parts we ordered from Classic Alfa.

https://goo.gl/photos/6xG9UCksymbw8iQz5

Cheers,
Josh

Grechj

Hi all,
My Stepfront project car has made reserve so it will be sold.

Josh

Grechj

Just a reminder that the eBay auction finishes about 8pm tonight.
Cheers, josh