2018 Alfa Romeo Twin Spark Cup - Victoria

Started by Evan Bottcher, December 31, 2017, 09:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Mick A

Quote from: Canb156 on January 16, 2018, 08:28:46 PM
Just a heads-up that if you're about to buy shocks and springs for the TS Cup, you may want to just hold off a bit longer. My understanding is there is continued discussion about whether a control suspension setup will be mandated. I strongly suggest holding off on big purchases until the regulations are finally released.

I can't wait!

JohnB (Canberra)

"cheap racing" he said....

pfft!

Neil Choi

And another, available, this one is a REALLY nice car but be quick.  Contact me if keen.

Citroënbender

That's far too clean for serious tracking!

[Aside] I have to wonder if a tweaked Selespeed wouldn't be competitive; seem to recall the last of the 156 Seles were rumoured to have pretty snappy programming when driven hard. Maybe their computers will run in a 147?

Neil Choi

Over the last period of time, learnt several TS Cup cars are being prepared, most will debut at Winton, maybe a couple at Sandown.  Our's will be at Sandown, maybe triple entered!!!
Going to be a crowded space which is a good thing.
So what are you waiting for.
Loads of fun, reasonably priced, simple preparation to whatever degree you want.  Come and check out the various levels, from daily drivers to stripped out speed machines. 
TS Cup windscreen banner will be supplied to each TS Cup car.
Double enter with your son or daughter or dad or mum or brother or sister or an Alfisti friend.
So far, all we have done:  change oil regularly, check and change brake pads and some tyres, and it runs each time for the last year or two.

See you out there on the track.

Evan Bottcher

Here is a clarification to the regulations for our Twin Spark Cup 'development' class in AROCA Vic Supersprints in 2018.

For 2018 we will run our Supersprint class according to the DRAFT regulations for the national Twin Spark Cup racing series.

The following rules changes will apply for Vic Supersprints in 2018:

1. Any grooved tyre can be used, including 'R' tyres.  No slicks.
2. A harness is recommended, but not required.
3. Airbags do not have to be removed.
4. Fuel cut-off/inertia switch does not have to be removed.

These rule changes have been added to allow a wide field of entries in at Supersprint level including road-registered cars.  Competitors can then progress from Supersprints to circuit racing with minimal change to achieve eligibility.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alanm

Our beastie... almost ready for some action  ;D
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

Evan Bottcher

May 2018 Twin Spark Cup update - on Saturday we had a great turn-out with five cars competing at Sandown Raceway.  Notable was John Burkhart who brought his 156 Twin Spark Cup log-booked race car down from Canberra to compete.  We also had first-time sprinters in their road cars.  As usual Damon Choi punted the Choimobile around very quickly to win the class, again a stock-standard car demonstrating the excellent value for money in these cars.

The national Twin Spark Cup regulations are close to finalised we hear - and a few cars are already in progress being prepared.

Looking forward to some close racing!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Some more photos...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Neil Choi

Ah, the old Choimobile.  Still going.

Evan Bottcher

The national Twin Spark Cup regulations have been released - please find attached.

Details of optional control suspension package to be announced soon.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

June 2018 Twin Spark Cup update - at last weekend's Winton round we had a good turn out of Twin Spark competitors in both supersprints and racing.

In the supersprint we saw three competitors
Ed Genis - 916 GTV (best time: 1:15.2289)
Cailum Choi - 156 TS (best time: 1:15.7001)
Steven Offen - 147 TS (best time: 1:19.3047)

Ed was driving the 916 GTV shared with Hugh Harrison, a very well developed car within Twin Spark Cup regulations.  It was also great to see newcomer Steven punting his road car around having a great time. 

In the Veloce Racing we saw two cars compete
Hugh Harrison - 916 GTV
John Burkhart - 156 TS

Hugh's car is a well developed package, and with Hugh behind the wheel it probably established the benchmark for other competitors to try to achieve.  In the wet, Hugh demonstrated the strength of the car - qualifying in second place, and in race one held off cars with much more power for a solid third place.

With lots of excitement and discussion around people building cars - we hope to see a few more twin spark cars competing in the supersprint June 30th at Phillip Island.

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Neil Choi

Yep, I think he got the apex.
Or maybe not.

Neil Choi