engine mounts , "standard" vs "competition"

Started by Colin Byrne, December 26, 2017, 09:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Byrne

So after an engine mount failure during high country i'm about to order some new ones.  Alfaholics sells both the standard ones and also some stiffer "competition" ones. from our experience the vibration form the alfa engine is pretty savage and causes all sorts of issues from broken extractors to starter motor failures, and apparently bellhousing failures are possible when you start mucking around with tail shaft couplings!  With experience we've pretty much got all these issues as a known quantity so don't want to "rock the boat" with an unknown but just wondering if others have run the stiffer mounts and what their experience with them is.  Like i said, 98% sure ill go for the standard ones , but......
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Martyn

Hi Colin
I have used Alfaholics Heavy Duty engine mounts and their gearbox mount on my 105 Nc race car over the past 3 years with no problems. (Spruell sold me a horrible set of aluminium encased engine mounts a few years back and they were way too stiff and caused problems)
Regards
Martyn
Martyn Piercey
105 GTV (building for Nc)
Alfetta GT
76 Spider(in bits)
GTV 2000
1300 GT Junior
147 Selespeed(sold)
Sc Alfetta GTV (sold)

Colin Byrne

Thanks Martyn
I ended up just going with the standard ones, but looks like these parts are joining the long list of items i'm I have to treat as "consumable" so i'm sure i'll be getting another set soon, and can maybe try out the heavy Duty ones.

cheers
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)