new member 2002 156 JTS

Started by malua bay, December 21, 2017, 04:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malua bay

Hi All

have been trying to sell my 156 for past few months, don't really have room for it any more. But, the gods were looking out for me and it didn't sell !. So, have made decision to keep and enjoy, and somehow keep the thing on the road without continuing to spend a fortune. I am going to have to learn more about diy repairs. We are now living back at Malua Bay on the beautiful NSW South Coast (near Batemans Bay). I will be keen to meet up with other Alfa lovers, and hope that i might be able to pick the much more knowledgeable brains out there about some of the issues that I need to fix.

bonno

Hi Malua Bay
Welcome aboard and good decision to keep the 156 JTS. Purchased mine about 6 months ago and apart from having to replace the fuel pump when purchased; the car has been mechanically virtually incident free (Air Bag Light and EMS on resolved thru this forum) and a real joy to drive. You are probably aware of the things to watch out for with this model, but the 2 main things are to have the timing belt changed iaw AR recommendations and regularly check the oil level. I am sure if you encounter any problem/issue you fellow Alfisti on this forum are always keen to help/advise. Hope to catch up on future AROCA NSW club events just look out for either the grey Alfetta GTV or blue 156 JTS.