2018 AROCA Sprints Round 1 at Broadford 21 January

Started by Neil Choi, December 11, 2017, 10:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

2018 AROCA Sprints Round 1 at Broadford 21 January

Download the Supp Regs
Download the Entry Form

Neil Choi

For those contemplating of starting their sprinting and racing career with Alfa's and enjoying the joys of driving an Alfa at speed in a safe and controlled environment, AROCA is offering a taste test at Broadford.  We will conduct two parade lap sessions before and after lunch, under the control of a safety car where you can have a bit of taste on track driving, going at a speed which will give you a bit of a thrill without getting into trouble.  After that, you may elect to join sprinting in future events.  Come to Broadford, speak to the people and see how it all works, look at the types of machineries to go for.  You can get in touch with me or any of the crew.

See you there.

Neil

Neil Choi

Also special deal for Junior, Student and first time Lady drivers.  Speak to me and I will give you details and help you out to participate.

Neil

Neil Choi

Update:

The 2018 Twin Spark Cup, as category T2, is ON.  At least 6 competitors will be running at Broadford in 156, 147 and GTV.  All stock, mattress like springs, Bod Jane Allrounders and shoddy A-arms.

Those of you out there still thinking about it, it doesn't take much, fire extinguisher, metal valve cap, blue triangle, tow hook, helmet, an oil change and you are away, come racing with us.

EF updated with TS Cup category, SR already had it listed.

So what is stopping you, you would have worked off the turkey so a kilo or two lighter and a second faster.

aggie57

Quote from: Neil Choi on December 21, 2017, 08:54:19 PM
Update:

The 2018 Twin Spark Cup, as category T2, is ON.  At least 6 competitors will be running at Broadford in 156, 147 and GTV.  All stock, mattress like springs, Bod Jane Allrounders and shoddy A-arms.

Those of you out there still thinking about it, it doesn't take much, fire extinguisher, metal valve cap, blue triangle, tow hook, helmet, an oil change and you are away, come racing with us.

EF updated with TS Cup category, SR already had it listed.

So what is stopping you, you would have worked off the turkey so a kilo or two lighter and a second faster.

So it either rains and you all go sliding off the track backwards, or it's bloody hot and your brake fluid boils!  This I've gotta see 😊👍
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

kaleuclint

Quote from: Neil Choi on December 12, 2017, 07:42:57 AM
Also special deal for Junior, Student and first time Lady drivers.  Speak to me and I will give you details and help you out to participate.

Neil

PM sent Neil.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Neil Choi

Currently, good number of Alfa entries.  Happy to see and thanks to all the Alfa members for their support.
Of course need more entries to fill the field.

Neil Choi

Steady entries flowing in, pretty good field so far. Still some places left, be quick.
[/size]Two sessions of parade laps, before and after lunch, for those who want to see the track at a gentle pace.  See how corners actually look like.  And get a taste of the track.
[/size]Assistance will be offered to teenagers of Alfa members, junior drivers, learner drivers, first time lady drivers, students.  Contact me for details.
[/size]Special introduction group for those first time on the track or only want a gentle but still thrilling drive.

Colin Edwards

SWMBO is actually really looking forward to the Parade Lap sessions - me too!

Also looking forward to the great tucker available at the track café - and so close to Melbourne!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

Cheap motorsport in an Alfa.

8 Twin Spark Cup entrants entered for Broadford.
9 if I wasn't testing Group S car for Bathurst.

Neil Choi

Quite a reasonable field has assembled for Broadford, a majority of Alfa's.
Can fit in another group, so what are you waiting for.

Neil Choi

Yep, pretty much event is full, an excellent Alfa field has assembled, pretty much all the hardcore racers, along with a number of other makes.  Going to be a great event to kick start the year. 
Also two parade lap sessions, one before and one after lunch.
Lunch can be gotten from one of the better trackside kiosk amongst the tracks we visit.  Their burgers and schnitzel rolls are pretty good.
See you all there.
Neil

Neil Choi

A couple of places left.
Get in quick if still thinking about it.

Colin Edwards

Excellent news.  Great way to start the new year. 
See you all at Broadford!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5