How much is an old Alfa 166 worth?

Started by alfa.nuvolari, November 30, 2017, 04:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfa.nuvolari

Hello Alfisti,

I was hoping some of you might have a better idea than me how much an older Alfa 166 is worth, as there seems to be a huge variation in prices ranging from $1,800 to $15,000! I don't know whether to ask $5,000 or to just give it away to a friend. I've bought a new car and the Alfa is just sitting in the garage... it makes me sad to see it like that :'( I've had the car for 10 years (2000 model, delivered in 2001) and it's traveled 165,000 kms. Mechanically it's perfect, except for the fact that the little flap that directs cold air from the air conditioner into the cabin is stuck on heat!? Cosmetically there are a few minor dents and the side-skirts are cracked. The interior is okay, there's no tears in the seats or anything like that but there are a lot of scuffs around the passenger seat foot well from a wheelchair, and the centre console arm-rest is stuck up. I've spent significantly more on servicing this car in the last 10 years than I originally did to buy it, and the car is located in Adelaide. If anyone could give me some advice I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!

alanm

The answer to your question I think depends on service history, registration and how close it is to roadworthy. If it out of rego, due for a major service including cam belt/tensioners/water pump, and needs brake pads, wishbones and tyres for a roadworthy, it's value is at the lower end of the spectrum. $5k sounds about right for a car that doesn't need a lot of money spent on it after purchase.

The 166 is such a beautiful car with that lovely 3.0 Busso, I hope you find a good home for it.
I feel the same way about our 156 Monza v6... Such a beautiful, reliable car... Just not worth much any more.

Al
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33