Blue n Me noise!!

Started by JimB, November 13, 2017, 02:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimB

Not sure if this issue is related to my previous Media Player post. This problem has arisen twice and much worse the the second time today. It occurs during the making of a phone call out, through the BT system from my iPhone 6s.. In the middle of the call an absolutely deafening noise is produced through the cars speakers, so loud that you have to get out of the car! On the first occasion cancelling the call stopped the noise. Today nothing, including turning off the radio, ac etc and stopping the engine, removing the key, would stop the noise. Disconnecting the battery eventually did the trick!
Never encountered anything remotely similar in my life. Does anyone have a clue if this is related to the latest iPhone update? Regards Jim

Citroënbender

Hi Jim,

Did you try turning off Bluetooth on your phone as a way to stop the noise when all else wasn't working? Not having a crack, just wondering.

(My gut feeling is, your B&M is faulty.)

RobboBob

My first post on the forum!

JimB I'm having the same issue. I restart the car (feels like a computer) and it still does it when I make a call again.

I've searched the forum for links to how to update the software without any luck. There was a link to an article on the Fiat website that is no longer available!

JAM87

Hi guys,

I've got the same issue in my 2008 159. It's to the point where I have given up on the Bluetooth- look forward to hearing a resolution...
2001 Alfa Spider V6, 2004 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2L V6, 2012 Abarth 500,

Skypilot

I read on another forum, can't remember which now , it's due to incompatibility with iOS 11.

B&M isn't updated for that version and I doubt will be for a long time.

The issue is also present on my Brera. Annoying.

JimB

Hi All, The previously mentioned screaming/deafening interference through all the speakers occurred again today. Battery disconnection fixed it. This was followed by the system telling me the PHONE was in use, or something similar and could not , readily be persuaded to even play the radio. Oh the joys of AR ownership. Any new suggestion as to a remedy, short of buying a Honda? Jim

bazzbazz

Get a Samsung phone instead of an iPhone?   ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Citroënbender

Jim, did you try my suggestion?

Bazz: Are we going to start the Android vs Fruit Inc argument here?  :D

bazzbazz

You'd prefer I start the Catholic Church vs Evil Demonic Cult debate ?   :o

(Stand aside! Dead man walking! Stand aside, dead man walking)

;D ;D ;D ;D
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

JimB

Thanks Citroenbender, Yes, when the condition recurred yesterday it was the first thing I did, to no avail. Further Googling has turned up nothing so far!! Jim