ALFA friendly locksmith needed.

Started by Al Campbell, September 03, 2008, 08:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Campbell

The tailgate on my '83 GTV6 has been replaced (surprise) and the key doesn't work.

Has anyone had experience with a locksmith preferably in the north of Melbourne or would any competent locksmith be able to re-pin the lock to fit the key?

...and it looks like the petrol cap lock can't be disassembled, is that true? – I don't have key for that, so if I want a lockable cap I'll have to buy a new one?

Alfalfa

Hey mate,
I got a new lock for my gtv about a year ago, apart from the lock itself being an absolute flop I got a new key cut for it at a locksmith in oakleigh, bit pricey at around $50 for two keys, but he did the job well. At the time my original lock was seized so every locksmith I went to told me nothing could be done and I needed a new lock, whether that was true or not, I don't know!
Current:
2009 Ford Focus XR5T
1982 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (out to stud)

Previous:
1986 Nissan Pintara Shaggin Wagon

greengtv8

I havn't tried re-pining a boot lock, but i've re done my drivers door barrel to suit my original key! If you have patiants, good eye's and a steady hand, it not to nasty to do yourself...
Little green Alfetta gtv 1982
Fitted with:
Lexus V8 4Ltr
Supra w58 g/box
LS400 IRS rear susp.& 8 1/2' diff
Coil over's all round
Nissan R32 Front brakes
Peddle box,balance bar & adj.bias valve's
9 point roll cage(inc. engine bay)
Custom Extractors & exhaust
Custom body kit & under tray

Bruce Fowler

Try John Payne at Brighton Security Locksmith in Gardenvale Road. John has been in this location for 25 years servicing all the car traders along Nepean Highway. He carriers all the blanks and cylinders for all makes and models of cars
Current
2018 Giulia Super Veloce Pack

Previous
2009 JTS 2.2 159
2002 156 Selespeed Sports

Al Campbell

I'll have a crack at it myself...

Well I've reached the age where the eyes aren't so good anymore, I'll need the glasses for fiddling with locks.

Hands haven't been steady for years.

Had no patience with the Corolla, but my rationalisation for replacing it with a GTV6 was "I'd rather be replacing the cam belts on a car I like". I haven't felt the need to kick the ALFA,  but I have felt the need to "Just go for a short test drive".