Giulietta 2014 Sportiva - front brakes pads and discs replacement cost

Started by rosinger, October 26, 2017, 10:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosinger

Hi all, has anyone got any experience with regards to cost of replacing front brakes pads and discs on an Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2014 Sportiva? Alfa Brighton quoted $1170, which seems a bit high...

bonno

Hi rosinger
Give your local AROCA club sponsors a call and get a price from them to do the work (parts and labour). Could be a significant price reduction if rotors are not required and whether OEM parts versus aftermarket parts are used. PS : Club sponsors are listed on this forum for the respective state.
cheers
bonno

Craig_m67

All the parts are available from Supercheap.
Not sure what size discs you have but 330's (Brembos, biggest) are...

2 x Bosch front rotors ($112./ each)
1 x Bendix front pads ($76./ set)

Prices go up from there, dependent on brand etc.
In my opinion you're safe to stick with Bosch, Bendix, DBA, TRW, they've all been OE at one stage or another for Alfa
Just make sure you get the right size rotors (discs) and pads (with sensors perhaps)

If you can change a tyre, you can change the rotors (discs) and pads yourself.
Pretty sure the front calipers don't need a wind in tool for the pistons (rears will).

Spend the remaining $870./ on your Wife/GF and let her know you have mastered something (new).

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Citroƫnbender

A syringe for reducing the reservoir fluid level is handy. :) I can't overstate the importance of scrupulously clean mating faces between disc and hub either.

At three years age, a full replacement of brake fluid wouldn't go amiss.

I've found ProServ to be good for RDA disc prices, and very quick to deliver.

Craig_m67

RDA prices are good.. however, they don't list the Giulietta.
Not a problem though, the 159/Brera/Spider etc., 330mm Brembos are the same part - I don't have experience of the other (smaller) disc sizes (that may be on the Sportiva)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Domenic

You're in Melbourne, try the local alfa club sponsors Italian Automotive Spares in Brunswick East

https://www.italianautomotivespares.com.au/