Seeking Correct Part Name

Started by Citroënbender, October 20, 2017, 05:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

This is from an intermediate shift linkage in a non-Alfa 4HP18. The plastic ball cups have lost their closure clips and one has further split apart.

Just want to know what this type of ball joint clip is actually referred to as, so I can chase either newies or alternative remedies. The original part is long NLA and was only ever serviced as a complete unit.

Ta for any clues.

Citroënbender

"Plastic fingerlink" according to the Germans...  Same brand as fitted, same specs. 

DIN71805-A8-M5 is the part number on this Fleabay listing.

bonno

Hi Citroenbender
Not sure whether this helps, but you can buy something similar on e-bay at the following link. Need to check whether the spherical diameter (13mm) and rod length (?) is suitable to your needs. PS The write up suggests that this replaces the original  nylon part and is superior in design.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VAUXHALL-CORSA-C-Mk2-COMBO-Mk2-MERIVA-METAL-GEAR-LINKAGE-SELECTOR-OPEL-MODIFIED/131863890992?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Citroënbender

Hi Bonno,

I'd seen them and also the VW "Missing Linkz" kits when punching various names into Google Images, the snag is they're the next size up - my ball studs are 8mm diameter.

Being an autobox I think they probably under-spec'd it compared to a manual, based on assumption of less vigorous usage.

Replacement is a pain in the neck, the linkage is deliberately shielded by a large cast alloy bracket to stop the car being easily popped out of P and rolled away. I'm inclined to try for original size clips this time, and if they break will definitely go with the sort of upgrade you suggested.