One man brake bleeding video

Started by Colin Byrne, October 13, 2017, 01:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick A

Yeah definitely on older callipers for sure but on the brembos I have on the race car not a problem they seem to seal fine.

I do like your way better though because it's very controlled. And doesn't make as much noise. :)

Citroënbender

I've led some erstwhile colleagues on a journey of discovery vis-à-vis pressure bleeding.

Mentioned that I was intending to buy a pressure bleeder of the pump-up variety for my Pug 405, as it's a right putz to bleed after the system runs dry. "Nah, yer don't need that! Bring it up and we'll get a pedal on it."

Trailered it up, they tried for about six hours! Standard bleed, gravity, vacuum. Nope, still chockers with my 78% N2 gas blend used for dry purging. Car is pushed into the Naughty Corner and cussed out. Next thing, in comes a Renault Master for serious work. Well... They find they can't get a pedal on that afterwards either! So... Off to the toolies for an SP pressure bleeder kit - that which they had despised a week earlier - and a day later two cars with brakes again.

I find little joy in vindication, other than seeing how nice it is for people to learn an additional method for solving a problem. If the buggers were clever, they would have told me to buy the bleeder beforehand and bring it up with my car "Just in case"!