Giulietta QV Manual - Purchase Advise

Started by wopalx, October 09, 2017, 03:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wopalx

Collect the new ride Monday in Brisvagus, driving back to Sydney for work Tuesday so should be a good shakedown drive.

First mod likely to be an exhaust, need to see my old mate Lambros @ Hytech in Sydney, not afraid of being loud, but hate drone.

X-Mas present will be a tune, not sure what to go for so happy to get peoples thoughts.

wopalx

Got back to Sydney and very happy with the new toy.

Prior owner had already done the exhaust, its not too loud and does not drone like some.

Question to other QV owners - how much waste gate noise do you get on gear changes? Mine seems to have quite a swoosh so am wondering if given the exhaust there might be some additional mods done that I cannot easily see.

The vehicle goes like a cut snake and I did not fully push other when test driving them so not sure if mine is just normal or not.

Will give her a detail on the weekend and post some pics.

Craig_m67

I noticed a lot of swoosh when i first got mine.. I think it's just the nature of the car. My QV is stock

Apart from having to put it in "D" all the time....  The most annoying thing I have is a noisy high pressure fuel pump (very top, LH engine), this (quickly) ticks away at idle like a diesel - ruins an otherwise amazing car for me.  I'm told (and google agrees) it's a "feature" of the 1750TBI thing. Shits me, and I will replace it at some stage to check.

Sorry to hijack, but does anybody know if we (Brisbane) can get remaps for the QV. 
I really don't want to ship my ECU to the UK to up it to +290BHP if somebody local can do it.

CraigO
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

wopalx

Quote from: Craig_m67 on November 16, 2017, 11:21:04 AM

I noticed a lot of swoosh when i first got mine.. I think it's just the nature of the car. My QV is stock

CraigO

Thanks Craig.

I got in touch with the prior owners and they confirmed a custom 2&1/2" catback exhaust and BMC filter were the only mods done so all good.

Tuning wise there is a local (to me) company that can do a Quantum remap for about $1295. Quoting improvements from 241hp to 280hp (+16%) and Torque increase from 340nm to 416nm (+22%) . I might get a little more given the exhaust if I go down that route but I need to do more investigation as remapping without Dyno time is not always the best means to making more power.

What I think I will do is upgrade the FMIC first (as heatsoak makes a big difference to HP), then sort out the exhaust (it does not give any burble on downshifts). Once I have done those things I'll look at a tune.

But before that I need some new tyres .....

Cheers,

Stu

Rigi

Don't know where you're located but suggest you talk to Andrew down at Superior Auto at Mona Vale they've done a couple of ours - 2.4jtd and 3.2 GT with good results and they have a great  dyno setup. Cheers
Current
2010 GT 3.2 100 year Anniversary
1977 Alfetta GTV - Grp s
1974 GTV105 Resto (wip)
1977 Alfetta GTV Normal Roadie on Historics

Past
1980 Alfetta sedan('prettyboy')
1986 Alfetta GTV6GP
1985 Alfetta GTV6
1984 Alfetta GTV
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1978 Alfetta Sed

wopalx

Quote from: Rigi on November 26, 2017, 07:30:26 AM
Don't know where you're located but suggest you talk to Andrew down at Superior Auto at Mona Vale they've done a couple of ours - 2.4jtd and 3.2 GT with good results and they have a great  dyno setup. Cheers

Thanks I will give them a call when Im closer to doing it.