Koni Part number for front insert for 83 Sud Ti QV

Started by Bourney, August 25, 2017, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bourney

Hi,

Just hoping to confirm the koni front insert part number for a 1983 Sud Ti QV is 86-2303. Are these the same for a S1 33??

I am a bit confused as I have read of differences for SUD/Sprint/33 and for s1,s2 and s3 SUD, etc.

What is the part number for the rear shock for the 83 Sud Ti QV while I am at it?

Appreciate any assistance.

Regards David

amichie

86-2303 are the Reds.
86-2303 Sport are the yellows
and yes they are the correct part numbers for an 83 SUD TI QV.
At least that is what is in my 83 SUD TI QV.

Bourney

Thanks, that's good as I bought a pair from ebay Italia!

Do you know the part numbers for the rears?

Regards David

Sportscar Nut

I thought you had Koni's already and were going to have serviced (??). Koni Reds are similar stiffness to the standard Sachs shockers which cause way too much body roll IMO. Koni Yellows will transform the handling but the car will be firmer. My 2 cents worth.

Cheers
Paul

amichie

Quote from: Bourney on August 26, 2017, 07:47:20 PM
Thanks, that's good as I bought a pair from ebay Italia!

Do you know the part numbers for the rears?

Regards David

The rears for the SUD are koni part number 80-2267

Bourney

Thanks all.

Yes, I have koni reds at the front but they need refurbishment or replacement. I have found some in Italy and decided to purchase.

I think koni reds are about 10% stiffer than stock and unlike the front spicas won't self destruct!

I have decided to stick with the reds as i want to stay close to standard with the reds, new rubber bushes, etc. I don't plan to take my Sud on the track so think it will be a good ride/handling balance.

Regards David

amichie

Koni Reds are good. I had mine rebuilt recently and they are working extremely well.
I have Koni yellows in the front of my SUD and Koni reds in the front of my SPRINT. Both work well.

Bourney

Hi,

Can I ask what shocks you have in the rear of the sprint and Sud (standard spicas?) and if you are happy with them in combination with the fronts?

Thanks David

Sportscar Nut

Either the original rear shockers or Koni Reds would be fine. When the 33 S1's were new, the front shocks were replaced with Koni Reds under warranty and these cars were fine to drive.

The front of the Sud cops both torque steer and 'dives' under braking so the front shockers do most of the work.

I just purchased another TiQV - albeit sadly very rusty but importantly original and has Koni Reds on the front and standard shocks on the rear. Has had this setup for 30+ years.

Bourney

Thanks Paul.

I would prefer to put koni reds on the back but can't find any new or used so I might have to go with the standard shocks. As you mentioned, the rears don't do much in any case.

Regards David

amichie

Quote from: Bourney on August 29, 2017, 08:29:43 PM
Hi,

Can I ask what shocks you have in the rear of the sprint and Sud (standard spicas?) and if you are happy with them in combination with the fronts?

Thanks David

My 83 SUD TI QV has Autodelta Spa Rally shocks in the rear. They are awesome shocks. MY 1986 Sprint has Bilsteins. Even better again.
I have a set of Koni reds to go in the rear of my 81 Sprint Veloce but it is a longer term project.
if I were you I would buy the Autodelta Spa shocks for your SUD.

Bourney

These are going on next week. Can't wait!