Busso Night Run

Started by V AR 164, October 01, 2017, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V AR 164

Hi all,

Took a quick video of the Alfa the other night. Just some in car accelerations, enjoying the sound of the busso!

https://youtu.be/H-iSBL57wLI

Thinking of making a few more with better camera angles and maybe a drive along a nice road during the day, let me know!

Cheers, Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Citroënbender

Sounds healthy enough, was surprised/disappointed to find out it's a manual. Auto next, please. :)

I once discovered a cracking drive from the Hume across towards Lancefield and thence Kyneton, rolling hills and very light traffic. Unfortunately I haven't saved the route anywhere but remember appreciating how much more fun the car was away from the "traditional" blat routes.

poohbah

ha - you need to find a road with a longer straight, less lights and no roundabouts!

But you have to love that Busso growl whenever she gets above 4000rpm.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Citroënbender

Once you learn to play with a 4HP18 it can be quite OK to pilot. Know the upshift points and you can lift off a fraction prior to the change, this greatly reduces slurring. As you decelerate with the converter locked, again once you learn when it will release you can immediately blip the throttle and it takes the unlocked converter closer to stalling so the downshifted gear is pushed harder right away.

Pretty sure the drive I raved about started from Tallarook, starting along Tallarook-Pyalong Rd, to pick up Seymour-Pyalong Rd, thence to Pyalong. From there, West Rd leading to Mission Hill Rd via Emu Flat, thence Baynton Rd into Kyneton - and back into Melbourne via the freeway. Good roads for a LWB luxobarge.

V AR 164

Cheers guys  :D

Manual all the way for me. The reason I bought another 164 was for 3 pedals.

I agree in that the auto cars, the gearbox is still good for a car of its age, but I never find it inspiring to drive and make me want to go on some back roads. The ratios are pretty long and the gear shifts are quite slow, just seems to me as a barrier in between myself and the V6. All personal preference though! Some people love them, I just tend to like a manual car.

Andrew
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti