Selespeed strikes again

Started by warsch, September 25, 2017, 11:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

Use MES/AlfaOBD to depressurise and bleed the air out of the system, it is easier and cleaner.

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

warsch

Finally got around to replacing the accumulator. The 27 mm spanners that are readily available are all too thick, but local metal fabrications guys did a good job of thinning it. The rest of the work is quite straightforward.

And now it's all good! No errors, gear change fine, the pressure holds for 3-4 shifts. And EOL calibration completed successfully.

Citroënbender

Wonderful!  Now you can fall in love with it again.  :)

How much fluid dribbled out the dead one?  Often they "rattle" due to having a lot of hydraulic oil on the wrong side of the (failed) membrane.

warsch

Quote from: Citroënbender on October 01, 2017, 07:31:08 PM
How much fluid dribbled out the dead one?

I am not too good at measuring fluid amounts when they're spilled on concrete. Yes, that's where the contents of the accumulator ended. But given that I had to top up the system with roughly 200ml of fluid, I believe that's about what had got into there.

bazzbazz

Quote from: warsch on October 01, 2017, 03:18:25 PM
Finally got around to replacing the accumulator. The 27 mm spanners that are readily available are all too thick, but local metal fabrications guys did a good job of thinning it. The rest of the work is quite straightforward.

And now it's all good! No errors, gear change fine, the pressure holds for 3-4 shifts. And EOL calibration completed successfully.

While  you were there  did you check the clutch rod adjustment?
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

warsch

Quote from: bazzbazz on October 03, 2017, 10:36:01 PM
While  you were there  did you check the clutch rod adjustment?

I did that about three weeks ago when I figured that there was an issue with EOL calibration.

bazzbazz

Just so we are clear, clutch rod adjustment is NOT part of any Automated calibration, it is a mechanical adjustment of the clutch rod length.
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

warsch

Yes, certainly. I adjusted it with a spanner while watching its length in MES