159 Ti seats

Started by Stu159, September 17, 2017, 08:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu159

can anyone tell me if there's any difference between the 159 Ti seats and the standard version? I know the stitching is different, I'm referring to the actual shape. The standard ones don't hold you in position all that well and in pictures, it appears the Ti ones are better shaped

Thanks
Now: 159 V6 Q4 (2006)
Past: Alfetta GTV 2000L (1980) chrome

kaleuclint

Yes the shape is different Stu.  I had a non-Ti before and the Ti seats are far more enveloping, and have an adjustable bolster at the front.  I'm not small, but it is a tight fit in the Ti sports seats.  You wouldn't want to be bigger than me.  In my old 159 it wouldn't matter.  Ti seats are heated too.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Stu159

thanks Clint. It's really needed. Noticing it more now having had my suspension done. Car hangs in there beautifully, but I'm all over the place on the seat. Mine are electronic adjust / heated already. Living in Sydney, I've never actually used the seat heater though anyway. The only time I remember there are seat heaters, is after having someone in the passenger seat. They always turn the seat heater switch on when trying to adjust their seat. On a warm day I find myself wondering why the cabin is so hot, then I remember to check the switch to find it's usually on :-)

Thanks for the feedback!

Now: 159 V6 Q4 (2006)
Past: Alfetta GTV 2000L (1980) chrome

kaleuclint

I've used the heating once, figuring it'd be quicker than waiting for the engine to gain some temperature.  They can get very hot!  Not sure if this is great for the leather...
2011 159ti 1750TBi

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

My arse has been supported by Ti seats for nearly 10 years.
They have been supportive, comfortable and exceptionally durable.  The lack of deterioration over time has been a pleasant surprise.
In my experience, these seats are why people say crap like, 'Italians do great leather'.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).