33 1.7 8V Build

Started by SteveHobart, September 10, 2017, 05:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

81sprint

Files too large for one post.

Sportscar Nut

Ha ha - looks very similar to the sump on my Sud Beninca's made 24 years back! Have never had a bearing issue since fitting.

Cheers
Paul

SteveHobart

Hi all! Sorry for the lack of updates! Have been messing around with the Alfa for a bit! Took her down to a mechanics to get a pre-roadworthy inspection and have a little more to do it seems. The list given is below:

Already ticked some off like the heater fan, reverse lights, front strut bearing, seat belt retraction and wheel bearing. Have ordered all parts for the oil leak (it's from the selector input on the gearbox) which will have the advantage of giving a new selector bush as well, the gear selector is horribly wobbly! I think the easiest option on the brakes is to get Enzed or someone to make up the hoses, there seems confusion as to what hose actually fits mine!

Anyway first event tomorrow, Khanacross! It's all lowish speed, first and second gear mostly on a grass track. Am looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveHobart

And thank you for the tips! Will look into a baffled sump. Is there an issue with the oil pick up on these things?
Also it pumps out a fair bit of blue smoke on start up which seems to disappear pretty quickly when you take it for a run. I'm thinking stem seals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbooty

I was under the impression that all QVs came with red carpet and the chequered print seats?