My black 159 Ti.

Started by Winno, September 01, 2017, 06:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winno

Hi everyone.
I've had my 2009 159 JTDm Ti 2.4 for just over a year now.

It had the usual issues that affect many city driven cars with the JTDm - poor starting, hunting and hesitation at certain revs, reluctance to change down gears when on the brakes, a range of sensor errors, etc.
So, after a little reading, I set to to fix everything. Not a hard car to work on.

I've also done a few other things to it;
- new Hankook Ventus S1 EVO tyres in 235/40/19 - super quiet, very grippy, very little wear, affordable
- 6000K LED low beam bulbs
- EGR delete and full DPF/Cat core-out
- baffled oil catch-can
- K&N pod filter in airbox with cold air feed from driver's side fog light cowling
- Stage 1 remap - wow!
- slimline fender lips
- custom scudetto grill
- paddle shifter extensions
- Fyralip boot lip
- swirl flap delete - instant starts and no more smoke
- black/silver crest badges - boot, bonnet, wheels, steering wheel - all other badging removed
- 9 channel fully active sound quality audio system (in progress)

I'm now considering custom stainless dual Magnaflow mufflers for more torque/power and to let out some more of the throbby 5 pot sound the car now makes. I may do this over coming weeks. After that, maybe a thicker plate and bar intercooler, a front end duco retouch, complete paint correction and front protective wrap.

As it is now though, I love it. And the shove in my back after the stage 1 map is so much fun.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

Darryl

I like it. Less is more  8) - nice detail work.

bonno

Hi Winno
I initially thought it would be impossible to improve on the original design of the 159 frontal grill area, but boy was I wrong. Your modifications have hit it out of the park being tasteful and simplistic, ie; custom scudetto grill and black/silver crest badge.
cheers
bonno

Winno

Winno

1st pic attached is the car after 4 hours of detailing by hand last weekend.

And I just ordered some 15mm hub-centric spacers and new bolts from Germany for both ends of the car. I was supposed to order my audio system power cables with that money but, oh well...

bazzbazz

Well, at least we now know what Darth Vader's car would look like if he drove an Alfa.

"Welcome to the Dark Side!"   8)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Johnny B

Hi could you tell me who and how to delete dpf ,egr,and swirl from ecu many thanks

Maltalfisti

Did you do the map yourself?
The only problem with the GTV6? They forgot to install the flux capacitor...