Interior Accel and Start levers for GT Junior 73

Started by New Alfa guy, August 29, 2017, 03:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Alfa guy

Was wondering if anybody could help clarify what ACCEL & Start levers (if any) were standard in a GT junior 72/73 model - I have searched many interiors and have found 3 possibilities.

1. Chrome metal levers
2.Plastic levers
3. No levers.

and pics would also help.

Second question would be to find a set if I can get a definitive answer ..

Many thank

bonno

Hi New Alfa guy
OKP Parts and Engineering has new complete accelerator and choke cables available for the 105 series (refer to link below). Forum members that have the same model as yours should be able to confirm whether they have plastic or metal levers. The photo of the 1300 Junior found on the net, incorporates plastic levers similar to those used on the 116 Alfetta GTV's. https://www.okp.de/xtc2/105/115-Bertone/10-Engine/Throttle-linkage:::3452_11843_12104.html?language=en
Hope this helps

New Alfa guy

Thanks bonno for the reply and link to OKP - however I'm still a little confused as to what type of levers are original on my 73 1600
My steering colum has the single choke lever but there is a square hole cut out on my dash under the 3 toggle switches  - the picture you provided of the1300 seems to have the 2 square chrome metal levers under the 3 toggle switches not the plastic ones. So I'm wondering if my car has the choke lever plus the two accel and start levers???? I guess some detailed pictures of specific models from others members might help. I have attached the 2 lever options to be more specific.

giulia_veloce

I have seen many smooth nose 105 GT Juniors with the hand throttle and choke lever attached to the underside of the steering surround.
2 round black knobs.
I do have a 73 GT Junior here with that system and deemed correct for that model.
There are 2 half steering column surrounds between the steering wheel and dashboard and its attached to the lower half.
Maybe someone else can explain it better.
I can supply if required

New Alfa guy

Thanks Guilia_veloce

I have seen the two black round knobs configuration under the steering wheel on a few GTJ's and some with out. - thanks for the clarification.

Mick A

+1 for that I have one also with the same controls.

Mick

New Alfa guy

Thanks Mick.  I have now sourced the correct steering wheel surround with the two areas for the round controls and I will order new cables from OKP.

Thanks for the info guys.

Craig_m67

Quote from: giulia_veloce on August 31, 2017, 06:11:38 AM
I have seen many smooth nose 105 GT Juniors with the hand throttle and choke lever attached to the underside of the steering surround.
2 round black knobs.
I do have a 73 GT Junior here with that system and deemed correct for that model.
There are 2 half steering column surrounds between the steering wheel and dashboard and its attached to the lower half.
Maybe someone else can explain it better.
I can supply if required

Mine ('73 RHD 1600 GTJunior) is exactly this ^
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)