Are Alfetta GTV6 rear mufflers available in Oz?

Started by ACE, August 26, 2017, 03:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACE

Are Alfetta GTV6 rear mufflers available in Oz?
Preferably stainless steel.

Yes EB Spares in U.K. has them, as do a few other O/S suppliers, but the freight costs are hefty!

tpalfa

When I looked about 3 years ago for a muffler I found one from a local exhaust supplier but it cost more than one from the UK including the freight. It was also going to take two weeks to deliver! Can't find the company name, but it didn't seem like a very good deal. Good luck.

ACE

TPAlfa & Sportiva,

Thanks for the lead.
I'll check Best, but it looks like EB might get the gig.

rowan_bris

Get the csc sport one with the single pipe if getting from EB Spares, they sound very nice

bonno

Hi ACE
Centerline have a performance exhaust to suit GTV 6 for $349US + freight. Need to check availability time as it is listed Out of Stock. Refer to the following link
https://centerlinealfa.com/catalog/exh-rear-twin-tip-gtv-6 .

ACE

Thanks Rowan, single is my preference too. Its what it's always had.
And thanks Bonno, but EB appear to still be in front in this race.

rowan_bris

And the problem is the freight from the US is eye-watering.....

GTVeloce

Your car sounded fantastic just as it was! I wouldn't mess with it and try and keep it as stock as I think it was.

Possibly one of the Melbourne Alfa mobs might have one?

That said, as you probably remember, I am a fan of the twin upswept look...

ACE

Thanks GTVeloce
Yes it is "stock", and it should sound even better next time you see it ;-)

Thanks for the lead Sportivo, but I ordered a new stainless one last week from EB Spares. It arrived in Canberra this morning! Hard to beat that service!

But! I had to go with the twin pipe jobbie, as the single was 8 weeks away. I think I can live with that.

ACE

The new tail pipe is now fitted :-)

However, the muffler is now barrel shaped and hence taller, rather than the oval cross section of the original type. Would it therefore create a clearance issue ... ?
I'm pleased to say that it doesn't.

For those that might have similar concerns, a photo at bumper level along the underneath.

And another of the twin pipes - which look OK after all.

aggie57

Sorry to be late to this one, but don't local exhaust shops make up these sorts of things these days?  That's what we always did in the day, even when new the factory or 3rd party parts were expensive.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

ACE

I got quotes from two. One highly recommended by the Alfa Indies, the other who boasts clients with Ferraris and has his own P1800 under a cover in his shop! Neither would do it from a template though - ie the existing pipe, they wanted the car.
So, for convenience (parts delivered to my door), guaranteed fit AND cost, the import won.

aggie57

Quote from: ACE on September 26, 2017, 01:20:12 PM
I got quotes from two. One highly recommended by the Alfa Indies, the other who boasts clients with Ferraris and has his own P1800 under a cover in his shop! Neither would do it from a template though - ie the existing pipe, they wanted the car.
So, for convenience (parts delivered to my door), guaranteed fit AND cost, the import won.

Yeah, that's right. Take the car to them and have them fabricate to fit. Good shops do that all day long.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list