Watts linkage - poly or not?

Started by GTVeloce, August 25, 2017, 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

Hi all

I currently have poly bushes on my watts linkage (both the centre bush and link ends). I think it is adding a little harshness to the ride in the back but cannot be sure. The easy solution would be to replace them with rubber but its not the cheapest bushes to replace so before I try that I thought I would ask for others advice. Has anyone swapped between the two (without changing other things at the same time)? Does it make a big difference to the harshness? I have no other poly bushes on the car and am running king springs with koni reds at the rear. So the ride is quite soft over large bumps but quite firm over small imperfections which I am putting down to the poly bushes.

Thanks
Julian

105gta

Hi Julian, the poly bushes in the watts link wont add any harshness to the rearend. Due to the angles involved, (the watts links are at 90deg, relative to movement) I have full spherical bearings with no harshness at all. I suspect it's either your shocks or sway bar bushes either loose/worn,
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

GTVeloce

Ok, thanks. I will have a closer look at the shock bushings. I doubt it is the sway bar - it is currently disconnected.

105gta

Check the front dedion bush too
Ben
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

Colin Edwards

Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce