Taking out a Tbi engine and putting a 3.2 Busso

Started by falconzappa, August 15, 2017, 07:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falconzappa

Hi there,

Would love to know if this option is possible.

I know that the gear won't have problem dealing with the power.is there something that can stop that retro fitting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

falconzappa

I know that putting a JTS 3.2 would be more a reasonable choice, but hey...I want the beauty of the 159 and the glory of the busso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugame

Well that question caught my attention.

Do you have a 1750 TBi?

I was under the impression that the TBi is one of the "ones to get" as it has the power of the V6 but without the AWD complications.

If you dont already have a TBi, and are thinking of getting a car for the project, would a 2.2 JTS be a better donor given the issues "some" have with timing chains stretched?

Or keep a look out for someone who has neglected the belt service on a JTDM perhaps?

But I thought the 1750 was almost the most alpha of the 939 base series? I could be wrong.  Not owned one, only researched them as I see a daily 159 in my future.
Past: 180SX | 300ZX Twin Turbo | 350Z HR Roadster | 300C 5.7 V8 HEMI | 98 GTV 2.0 TS
Present: 2002 GTV 2.0 TS | 147 TS | 74 Super Beetle | Porsche Cayman S 987.1
Future: I've stopped looking. Wife says "No more Alfas" lol.

bazzbazz

If you don't mind a Hatch, get a Giulietta QV, same engine but 173KW instead of the 159s 147kw, AND 150KG lighter, need I say more?

More fun than a barrel of monkeys . . . .

;D

As for changing over, 1750TBi to 3.2 Busso, no it cannot be done without building an entire new car, all the electrics are different, harnesses, and the Engine ECU of the Busso is not compatible with the 159 body computer, gearboxes are not compatible, ect ect ect.

It would be cheaper to buy a 156 GTA or a later version of the GT than it would to do the conversion.

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au