IMMOBILISER AND KEY CODE ERROR ON 147 TSPARK

Started by Mike Mck, August 14, 2017, 08:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Mck

WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP. JUST CHANGED HIGH MILAGE 2002 2.0L MOTOR WITH A 2004 LOW MILAGE 2.0L MOTOR BIT OF A JOB BUT ALL IN. BOTH ENGINES WERE RUNNING BEFORE CHANGE. WILL NOT START ERROR IMMOBILISER AND YELLOW KEY. I HAVE LEFT THE 2004 ENGINES ECU WITH IT. DO I NEED TO FIT THE ORIGINAL ECU FROM THE 2002 MOTOR? OR DOES THE IMMOBILISER NEED RESETTING AS ALL THE INTERNET THREADS SAY.

REGARDS MIKE

Citroënbender

Yes, you must retain as a trio - at the very least - the ECU, body computer and keys. It helps to retain the original dash cluster too.

Mileage CANNOT be "reduced" with legitimate diagnostic tools, only some East European kits. Best to keep the receipt for newer donor engine that states its actual mileage.

Mike Mck

hi citreonbender,  many thanks after posting last night i realised my error swapped ecu hey presto started straight away. noticed your were looking for 147 parts. the low kms motor came from a 2004 2 door damaged 147 i bought. its served it purpose let me know what parts you may be looking for?
mike mck

ps once owned 2 id19s what a great car.
have had 9 fiats 4 alfas still have for restoration 74 fiat cc coupe 79 alfa gtv 2l

bazzbazz

Hi Mick, just sent you a PM with my contact details, I am just down the road at Capalaba and may be interested in some of the parts of your Cannibalised 147.

Give me a call when you can.

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Citroënbender

bazzbazz

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au