Author Topic: New Giulietta Super TCT - problems already...  (Read 3355 times)

CitroŽnbender

• DIY Tragic
Re: New Giulietta Super TCT - problems already...
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2017, 07:40:34 PM »
How's the progress?

Haakon

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2017, 06:08:52 PM »
Thursday before last the I was promised an outcome within the week. My politely inquiring messages and emails yesterday and today have gone unreturned.

I can only assume FCA has told the dealer to down tools on it - I have not heard a peep out of them in something like 4 or 5 weeks.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:11:08 PM by Haakon »

Haakon

« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2017, 04:25:16 PM »
How hard would it be to bang out an email saying "sorry, its taking longer than expected, stay tuned"....?

Still radio silence from FCA despite 2 emails and 2 phone calls this week.

Haakon

« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2017, 11:41:16 AM »
Anthony at FCA customer service has spent a lot of time "away from his desk" over the last week. A 4th email to follow the 4th phone message, this time with the ACCC and the CEO of FCA cc'd in. Also cc'd in John Cadogen of Auto Export for entertainment value.

This is going pear shaped again it seems.

poohbah

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2017, 12:30:06 PM »
Geez, they are really dragging the chain.

Not sure that Cadogan will help your cause though - from what I've seen he just rants about how every manufacturer is shit except Hyundai. And he'll probably rag you for buying a european car instead of I30 ...

Best of luck though - FCA have treated you appallingly.
Now:    1999 156 V6
             1981 GTV
Before: 2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Haakon

« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »
Got the result though - finally spoke to the guy I'd been dealing with, apparently he'd been off crook. Maybe, but whatever. Also a apology from his boss.

Am to expect a call by COB today with a result. Stranger things have happened.

And yeah, Codogan was for entertainment value only. To be fair though, buying in i30 would have been a "sensible" choice!!! I bought one for my Mum last week, a 2010 petrol wagon with 120K kms on it - am very impressed with how robust it is and how well its weathered its years so far. A very good thing for the $5K i paid for it.

poohbah

« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2017, 03:01:32 PM »
Goodo - fingers crossed this time.

Yeah, can't really fault the i30, or any other recent Korean cars, for being sensible and durable.

I couldn't bring myself to buy one though. My sensibility does extend to a Subaru Forester for hauling the family around. Built like the Yamato battleship. Japanese build quality leaves the Alfas wanting, I'll admit...
             1981 GTV

CitroŽnbender

• DIY Tragic
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »
Toes and fingers crossed this time.

It would be nice if the "lemon" were permanently loaned to a charity or similar where it can rack up miles and minor knocks while the new car niggles you felt so keenly, go unnoticed.

Colin Edwards

• AROCA Member #: 5065A
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2017, 09:07:26 PM »
Given only one side of this saga has been placed into the public domain its a bit rich to say FCA has acted "appallingly".
Need to be very very careful making and recording unsubstantiated assertions. 
Hardly surprising this has been completely one-sided.
Whatever the outcome, I certainly hope the airing of this dirty laundry has not impacted on the relationship AROCA has with FCA!
Present
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
1987 75 3.0

Past
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Haakon

« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2017, 09:44:52 PM »
I'd love to see the FCA peeps put their side down on here. I am "pretty sure" the last round of nonsense was poor internal communications at FCA - I'll work on that basis at least until I am convinced otherwise.

Proof will be a new non-lemon car in the driveway and all out of pocket expenses dealt with.

CitroŽnbender

• DIY Tragic
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »
As to importer relationships with car clubs, this is a part of why I moved to an "all makes and models" club of enthusiasts based in the Riverina. My disappointment with Ateco, and their franchised dealers - it represented to me a salutary lesson in how not to do customer relations. Yet despite major issues affecting many consumers, the marque-adherent clubs seemed to display a misplaced affection and attachment.

poohbah

« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2017, 11:06:52 AM »
its a bit rich to say FCA has acted "appallingly".

All due respect, but if I'd just spent +$30k on a new car, only to be forced to go without it for two months for unsuccessful repairs to what is obviously a major defect and still no clear fix, I'm not sure how else I would describe it.

The minute they realised it needed partial dismantling to correct dodgy structural welding they should have apologised profusely, and either returned the money or provided a like for like replacement without further ado, no questions asked.

I love Alfas, but I have no love for multinational corporations which treat their customers like an inconvenience. Fiat-Chrysler-Jeep has a global reputation for being among the absolute worst when it comes to looking after customers.

The fact that Alfa is desperately trying to rebuild the marque's reputation and overcome generations of prejudice about reliability and quality just makes this even more mystifying.

Sometimes a kick up the arse from those who are supposedly favourably disposed to you (eg Alfisti) is not only justified but a much needed reality check.
             1981 GTV

Haakon

« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »
"Formal approval for refund or replacement" has finally been given as of this morning. Now to negotiate delivery and deal with all the extra out of pocket expenses....

poohbah

« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2017, 02:05:30 PM »
Well done. Reward for persistence.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:45:02 PM by poohbah »
             1981 GTV

Haakon

« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2017, 03:40:17 PM »
Well done. Reward for persistence.

aka sheer bloody mindedness....  :P