2017 Alfa Club 12 hr Relay at Winton Oct 14-15

Started by Neil Choi, July 15, 2017, 10:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

12 years in the making.  We have done 6 hrs and we have done 10 hrs.  2017 will be a 12 hr relay.  The AROCA Motorsport Team has been practicing for 12 years running the relay since 2006.  The same team will now run the 12 hr.

Invitation, Entry Form and Supplementary Regulations will be out tomorrow.

There will be a rush to get entries in as usual, being such a popular event.  A full field is expected to be filled within days.

Regards
Neil and the AROCA Motorsport Team

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Mick A

Neil Choi

As noted.

Hello all,Following months of work, this year the Alfa Club Relay will be a 12 hr endurance relay since it has been 12 years in the making from the same organisation team.  It will be a fun and enjoyable event while testing your preparation and skills over the 2 days.  It is not going to be a walk in the park event but a real challenge.  Enter if you dare.  As in previous years, the event is ever so popular and will fill out within days so send back the invitation immediately to hold your spot.I have attached invitation, the entry form and the supplementary regulations,  Please read through the supplementary regulations and be familiar with them.Further information will be available once your team entry is accepted.  This year, we have available customised event merchandise such as team shirts and caps, we are capable to putting your team name and team members' name on the merchandise.  It will be an online system, ordered one month from event date and will be delivered to Winton for collection,Once again, I invite your team to enter the event.Should you have any questions, get in touch with me,RegardsNeil and the Alfa Motorsport Team

Invitation attached.
Entry form and Supplementary Regulation are available on request from neilchoi116@gmail.com
These two documents are too big to be posted on this forum.

Neil Choi

Wow, what can I say.  Within a couple of days of entry opening, pretty much a full field.  If still considering to enter, you need to contact me to be on the waiting list.
Going to be an exciting and challenging 12 hr event to test all out.
Cheers
Neil

Neil Choi

Absolutely full now, well oversubscribed.
Very loyal band of racers and teams.  Happy with that.

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Colin Edwards

Great news!  Further confirmation grass roots motorsport is alive and well.  Also confirms club motorsport recognizes AROCA's ability to organize and run challenging events.  Well done to all concerned and thanks to those who have committed!

Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

Just a shout out to any Alfa Racer out there who wants to join a 12 hr team, you can get in touch with me or the organizing group.  I can possibly put you in a team.

Neil
neilchoi116@gmail.com or PM.

Colin Edwards

Just finished printing all the doco for this event.  Looking at it confirms what a huge effort Neil has put into this.  Its a significant logistic challenge, however the team supporting Neil has done a great job.  Now with event windscreen banners being produced and huge support from FCA, I'm so proud and privileged to be involved!   

Well Done AROCA Vic!

Colin
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

No big deal, all in a day or so's work.

Just on a week before all the chaos starts and an exciting time that it will be.

Those who are working behind the scene are:

Ross Flood, Alan Hopla, Alan Morrison, Colin Edwards
Mandy Thompson, Colin Thomas, Anthony Sharp
Bruno Colautti, Mary Colautti
Evan Bottcher, Joe Ardi, John Whittington, Noel Goltz
Stuart Thomson

Most have been onboard for the last 12 years since inception with more time to serve.

Amongst this fabulous group of dedicated Alfisti's are:

7 Life members of AROCA
3 Current committee members including president
2 Past presidents
6 Past committee members
15 CAMS qualified officials
Extensive motorsport experience both on track and off track
Each with individual expertise

You don't get much better than this for showing the Cuore Sportivo spirit.

So all you folks, come on up to Winton and see what it is all about being an Alfisti.

Ciao.

blazingsud

Huge effort, go team.....next a 24hr! ....just kidding, but they were fun....
Nigel Hyphen Donut
2010 159 2.4JTDm SW
74 sud  Blue Procida
76 sud L Silver
76 sud.L Coral Red,
78 Sprint 1.5 Red Twin carb
82 Alfasud Ti 1.5
83 Alfasud Ti 1.5
Porsche 928S4,Ducati 907ie x 2,Lambretta
Haflinger
past
79 Alfasud,Alfetta 2.0
76 Autodelta Alfetta GTAM
64 Guilia Sprint Gt "Patchwork"

Neil Choi

Am I good or what!!!  What can I say?

alanm

I heard that you can turn water into petrol and return Alfa electrical systems back from the dead  ;D
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33