help to buy the right spare part

Started by angel, June 23, 2017, 01:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angel

hi to everyone,
i need to change the RPM sensor (crankshaft) for my alfa 147 2.0 twin spark year 2005.
i called the alfa in brookvale and in five dock and they don't have it.
any suggestion for a good and honest mechanic or shop where can i buy it??
thanks  :)

Neil Choi

Call Monza Motors 9729 9946 in Melbourne, they can send you one if you can't find one in Sydney.

angel

Citroënbender

You'd want to be sure this piece is actually in need of replacement, my suspicion is that a fault's been mis-diagnosed by use of a generic scanning tool. Hence the benefit of seeing a mechanic with marque specific diagnostic programs like "Examiner" or "MultiECUScan".

angel

the scan is been done from automotive mechanic in balgowlah so i think the result is correct.
can you suggest where to go so??
thanks 

Mick A

Hi this is Mick from Monza Motors. Thanks to Neil for giving us a referral.

If you like, call us on Monday morning, we are there from 8am. Please have the VIN number of the car handy.

My suggestion to correctly diagnose the fault is to leave the car idling and after around 30/45mins if the crank angle sensor is faulty the car will stall and not be able to re-start.

The usual problem we hear from customers that have this sensor fail in their cars is they drive the car for a while and then it suddenly stalls, then won't restart for about 10 mins which is enough time for the sensor to cool down a little and work again. Then they drive again and once it heats up it stalls again shortly after.

If these are your symptoms the sensor is the correct thing to replace.

Cheers.

Mick.

Citroënbender

How did this turn out? A happy ending or ongoing quest?