Thinking of purchasing a GTV, thoughts?

Started by V AR 164, October 22, 2018, 10:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

While those wheels look stunning and well matched on the GTV6, do you really think they'd look good on the Giulietta QV?

I reckon they would seem as well suited on the QV as square wheels.   ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

poohbah

Craig, if you message Mike (of GTV6 barn find fame) he should be able to tell you where he got the wheels.

They are Delta Integrale style, so if you know of one lying around in a ditch somewhere...
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

julianB

Do it. You'll never regret it.

People cross the street to come and tell you "I had a GTV6. I loved that car so much. I wish I never sold it"

The four cylinder cars need more grunt and it's not cheap to find, usually involving boost.

Must do suspension mos: 105 castor rods, torsion bars to suit the v6 and knuckle risers to put the front roll centre back where it belongs
85 GTV6 "Juliet"
GTA conversion-
AHM ITB setup, Jim K manifolds & 10.3 cams, M84
17" Work Meister S1R
330mm Brembo front, vented rears
RS coilovers and bits
Recaro LX mesh headrest buckets

'68 step nose Junior "Romeo"
bare metal project

GTVeloce

QuoteChrist I love those wheels.. whee can I find 18"s for a Giulietta QV please

https://victoriaefaber.com/en/classic-alloy-wheels/409-alloy-wheel-montecarlocorse-8x17.html

Ahem, I have been drooling over these for a few weeks now...

Mike

The white GTV6 belongs to me.  The wheels are a magnesium alloy wheel called Speedline corse.  They have apparently been coming out of the same die in Italy since inception for Group A in the 90s. Done in batches of 50 sets so unless your vendor has stock, you can be in for an exceptionally long wait. Indeed I bought the last silver set that Walkers in the UK had.  Im not sure if there are also knock offs.  These weigh approx 6kg each.

I just checked Walkers and they are listed as not currently available.
http://www.walkers-garage.co.uk/shop/contents/en-uk/d18.html

They do a replica at 300 pounds also but they are a little different and in my view not as pretty. Not cheap unfortunately which is why I plan to hang on to mine. 

For my 2 cents worth, everything here is pretty right. I would alwsys look out for the best I could find but respect that some folk want a project the challenge or cost reasons. Just be aware that the cheap car will end up more expensive in the long run than a good car. 
Other thing to consider is that the 1.8 gt is the lightest of them all and the 1.8 is the sweet spot for a nord...just a lovely engine.  Gtv6s have more grunt and a lovely busso note but are noticeably nose heavy by comparison, just requires a different driving style.  Indeed a worked 1.8 will keep up with a stock gtv6. I love the Alfetta platform in all its guises.  A truly rewarding car to own and seeminly still under rated which suits me just fine..it means we can still afford to own a couple!

You wont regret it, but avoid rusty examples. 
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

Citroƫnbender

Quote from: sportiva on October 28, 2018, 08:24:45 PM
Yes a worked 1.8 will keep up with a 2.5 but won't keep up with a 3.0 the twin-cam four is a brilliant engine, The V6 is spectacular has better torque and has a rhythmic sound like no other mass produced engine
My favourite "mass produced" engine sounds are different. Sidevalve sixes, flatties, the evenfire PRV, an H-D Panhead, a triple carb Hemi...

I do like the 24V Busso note, but it's not a siren's song to me like some of the others I mention.