For sale :( my recently purchased gem (sud)

Started by Mitch750, May 28, 2017, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch750

I bought this car with the intention to restore, due to the minimal input needed. It kills me to put it up for sale as was hoping to hold on to this car for a long time. However my current living circumstances have changed and due to unforseen issues I need to sell :(

This car has no rust!! well some surface rust near to driver side door skirt.. but can be seen.. and is an easy fix. If you know these cars, you know that one without rust is very hard to come by. Let alone finding one in general!

Anyway, this car is so fun to drive! And has so many quirky traits! It has speedline wheels. The gearbox feels fantastic and it actually has some guts for a 1.5 carby! being carby this car sounds awesome!!! and the exhaust system helps :)

Negatives:

Tyres

Paint

A couple of tears in drivers side seat

That's it.

Since I've owned it I've had heaps of people say wow thats a nice car, or wow is that your alfa?

I cant stop looking at the car when I park it and leave! hence all the photos.

If I dont get what I'm after then I wont sell, I will just find a way to manage even If I have to put it in storage. Have a look around at the prices of these cars around the world and AUS and come have a look if you are interested. I would ultimately like to sell this to an auto enthusiast.

Price is negotiable so throw me an offer.

There are photos in this forum from when i recently purchased the car and started a thread. Ive assessed prices and cars atm moment and also inspected a sud in NSW before I purchased mine.

$8000

Cheers,

Mitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitch750

UPDATE

$6000 will now buy you this car

poohbah

Mitch, I wish I could sneak a third Alfa past the missus, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

You could try taking it to Cilebertis and get them to sell it on consignment. More likely to find buyer among their customers.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Mitch750

Haha! Just throw it under a tarp ;)

Noone seems to be keen on it, people offering 4k etc but thats abit low for me

And people saying theyll come view and never show up... ugh! People!

poohbah

If you are absolutely wanting to sell it, then I would definitely go and talk to Cilebertis and ask if they might want to buy it, or would sell it on consignment for you.
Their clientele are exactly the folk you want to see it.

I assume you are a member of the local Alfa club too? You could contact the secretary and get him to include your 4 sale notice in the next general email/newsletter. You could also [post it on their facebook page, though I don't think they update their page very often - probably the wrong age demographic!
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Garibaldi

Quote from: Mitch750 on June 20, 2017, 12:15:57 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of car sales. This what I put up with every day. And people have a low opinion of car sales people? WTF  ::)

aussiehcviva

There's no excusing people not turning up. Just rude.
The low offers might be because they know you only bought it a couple of months back from the guy near Mandurah who had it advertised for $3,500. They're probably expecting that you'd be happy to get your money back plus a little bit more to help get you lout of your accommodation jam.
Paints a bit rough on it too from memory

ugame

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 20, 2017, 09:29:30 PM
Quote from: Mitch750 on June 20, 2017, 12:15:57 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of car sales. This what I put up with every day. And people have a low opinion of car sales people? WTF  ::)

I have a new respect for car sales people are what I went through selling my silver GTV.

People not showing up.
People trying to pay with "genuine american dollars"
People EXTREME low balling without even looking at the car.
People that seemed genuine and saying they've let me know by the weekend, having seen the car, and then not getting back to me again ever.

My advice for selling a car now is this.....

1) Do not bother with Scumtree. Use Carsales.com.au. People one carsales are looking for a car. People on scumtree are looking for a bargain. I'd rather have less interest that is genuine, than have to deal with a minefield of fakers/scammers, and timewasters.

OR

2) Sell on consignment. I'm actually wondering if there is a near future niche business idea here as more and more people get pissed off with selling used cars.

OR

3) Trade in/sell to a dealer.
Past: 180SX | 300ZX Twin Turbo | 350Z HR Roadster | 300C 5.7 V8 HEMI | 98 GTV 2.0 TS
Present: 2002 GTV 2.0 TS | 147 TS | 74 Super Beetle | Porsche Cayman S 987.1
Future: I've stopped looking. Wife says "No more Alfas" lol.

Garibaldi

"People that seemed genuine and saying they've let me know by the weekend, having seen the car, and then not getting back to me again ever."

There just seems to be a lack of respect and common courtesy these days.

The people I dislike are the ones that you spend a couple of hours with test driving, discussing specifications, accessories, financing etc and don't bother to return your phone calls.

It's as if there is no value placed on your professional time.

I don't have a problem with them deciding not to purchase or maybe buying another make of vehicle but at least they could let me know what they are doing so I don't waste my time calling them.  ::)

ugame

Quote from: Garibaldi on June 30, 2017, 12:34:20 PM
"People that seemed genuine and saying they've let me know by the weekend, having seen the car, and then not getting back to me again ever."

There just seems to be a lack of respect and common courtesy these days.

The people I dislike are the ones that you spend a couple of hours with test driving, discussing specifications, accessories, financing etc and don't bother to return your phone calls.

It's as if there is no value placed on your professional time.

I don't have a problem with them deciding not to purchase or maybe buying another make of vehicle but at least they could let me know what they are doing so I don't waste my time calling them.  ::)

Out of interest, where do you work and how do you find the industry?

I've recently found myself considering the auto trade as a change of direction. Feel free to PM me.
Past: 180SX | 300ZX Twin Turbo | 350Z HR Roadster | 300C 5.7 V8 HEMI | 98 GTV 2.0 TS
Present: 2002 GTV 2.0 TS | 147 TS | 74 Super Beetle | Porsche Cayman S 987.1
Future: I've stopped looking. Wife says "No more Alfas" lol.