New toy! Can't wait to get her on road

Started by waterau, July 28, 2017, 11:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterau

Just got her delivered today! Getting RWC done right now and hopefully will be able to put her on club plate soon.

See you all around!

bonno

Hi Johnathan "Waterau"
Your new 105 series acquisition looks absolutely gorgeous alongside your 4C and it appears the Alfa Romeo bug has definitely bitten you in the very short space of time of owning the Alfa Romeo marque. Did you end up purchasing her locally or was it a national/worldwide hunt? Looks like she has a recent ground up restoration.
Wise choice on putting her on club plates as the savings on keeping her on the road might lead you to ............who knows (another Alfa to the collection)

aggie57

Le Mans Blue - the new 105 'red'.  Where are they all coming from!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

poohbah

Congrats on the purchase Jonathan. Looks sweet.

But I'm an old bogan at heart, so I say use the savings you made by putting her on club plates and lower her. Meannnnnn.....
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

waterau

Quote from: bonno on July 29, 2017, 07:39:54 AM
Hi Johnathan "Waterau"
Your new 105 series acquisition looks absolutely gorgeous alongside your 4C and it appears the Alfa Romeo bug has definitely bitten you in the very short space of time of owning the Alfa Romeo marque. Did you end up purchasing her locally or was it a national/worldwide hunt? Looks like she has a recent ground up restoration.
Wise choice on putting her on club plates as the savings on keeping her on the road might lead you to ............who knows (another Alfa to the collection)

Indeed. Was hunting for a 105 series ever since I saw a 1750 GT. Although I like the 1750 GT slightly more but just cant justify the price tag. This 2000 GT is close enough and it does appear that there was a complete restoration done to it. Purchased it interstate without even seeing it in person lol!

RWC should be done early next week then onto the club permit application. Next one on the hit list is probably a 1986 spider or a GTV6... Really addictive.

waterau

Quote from: poohbah on July 29, 2017, 12:23:16 PM
Congrats on the purchase Jonathan. Looks sweet.

But I'm an old bogan at heart, so I say use the savings you made by putting her on club plates and lower her. Meannnnnn.....
Thanks! That's part of the plan lol! And maybe some wheels too

waterau

Quote from: aggie57 on July 29, 2017, 12:16:25 PM
Le Mans Blue - the new 105 'red'.  Where are they all coming from!

Saw another blue ones for sale not long ago too.

bonno

Hi Johnathan "Waterau"
Agree a nice stance (lowered) and good set of wheels similar to the ones pictured or a set of period Simmons should really fit the bill.

GTV-074

Congrats!

Nice car, nice colour....

Just get some snake badges for the rear pillars, get the correct wiper arms/blades, some nice wheels and away you go!

Good Luck with it.

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

waterau

Quote from: GTV-074 on July 30, 2017, 08:27:07 PM
Congrats!

Nice car, nice colour....

Just get some snake badges for the rear pillars, get the correct wiper arms/blades, some nice wheels and away you go!

Good Luck with it.

Cheers.

Thanks! That sounds about the same as what I am thinking too lol! Can't wait!

waterau

Quote from: bonno on July 29, 2017, 03:38:50 PM
Hi Johnathan "Waterau"
Agree a nice stance (lowered) and good set of wheels similar to the ones pictured or a set of period Simmons should really fit the bill.

These are some really nice wheels!

Kiwiboy105

Nice!  What year is it and do you get much history on the car?  Looks like fun times ahead. 8)
"You are not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa" - J Clarkson

waterau

Quote from: kiwiboy105 on August 29, 2017, 12:41:45 PM
Nice!  What year is it and do you get much history on the car?  Looks like fun times ahead. 8)

It is a 74 complied but sadly i do not have much info on the history. I was told by the previous owner that it has been his wife's car for many years in Cooma. Just got her back from mechanics with a club plate on today!

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).