159 JTS Ti 2.2 Rad hoses

Started by JimB, May 24, 2017, 07:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimB

Hi All, I've had very little feedback on my earlier post ref 159 2.2 radiator hoses! Surely they don't last forever. Has no one bought any? Jim

bonno

Hi JimB
Reading your initial post entered in March you indicate a small leak. Before going out to purchase hose just check that the hose clamps are tight. If this does not fix the leak check out your local Supercheap or Autobarn store, which should be able to supply aftermarket radiator hoses. Need to have make, model, year and VIN, together with the radiator hose you require.   
cheers
bonno

JimB

Thanks bonno, The clamps are single use, non-adjustable s/s and I understand that over tightening with jubilee clamps risks cracking the synthetic tubes to which they are attached. At this point I am just closely monitoring the situation. Jim 

bonno

JimB
Yes, you have the factory fitted 2 ear clips fitted to your radiator hoses and more than likely over time the sealing properties between the joint has been affected. You will find that mechanics when replacing your radiator hoses will fit the stainless steel hose clamps in lieu of the 2 ear clips just because of the simplicity to adjust to the desired clamping force without the risk of damaging the mating surface.
cheers
bonno

JimB

Thanks b, BTW, no where can I find  hoses, other than the dealer, not Gates nor McKays. Hardly surprising really, considering the very low volumes sold. Jim

bonno

If the leaking still persists and the hoses appear ok, I would recommend replacing the 2 ear hose clamp/s fitted with a SS worm drive hose clamp/s and see how you go. If this fails, then you have no option than to buy a new radiator hose/s.
cheers
bonno