147 GTA xenon headlights

Started by Ando, May 21, 2017, 12:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ando

I am chasing some info on replacement headlight units.

Would anyone know where I can obtain them from?

or, anyone who can assist with advice on replacing the lenses.

Thanks

bonno

Hi Ando
Refer to your regional club sponsors, they should be able to assist/supply or try sites such as e-bay and gumtree.
bonno 

bonno

Hi Ando
If you do not have  any luck with a second hand unit, you can buy a new unit O/S  on line at the following link https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/spares-search.html?keyword=headlight&maker_id=2&model_id=4735&car_id=17121.
cheers
bonno

Smaan

By Lens, do you mean the polycarbonate headlamp cover, or the circular lens immediately in front of the xenon globe ?

Ando

Quote from: Smaan on May 21, 2017, 09:39:00 PM
By Lens, do you mean the polycarbonate headlamp cover, or the circular lens immediately in front of the xenon globe ?
The headlight cover

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smaan

I managed to pop the headlight cover out of the unit.  One of mine had a leak in it which took out the control box.  With the cover off I was able to clean the inside pretty well with some alcohol.  Then used the Turtle wax product for outside restoration.  Much cheaper than getting a used one from a wrecker.
Sealed it back up and it looks like new.

Craig_m67

What's wrong with your original; is it cracked, or just need polishing and sealing?
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Ando

Both lights have numerous small cracks in the polycarbonate cover.

MarkP

Quote from: Smaan on May 21, 2017, 10:54:19 PM
I managed to pop the headlight cover out of the unit.  One of mine had a leak in it which took out the control box.  With the cover off I was able to clean the inside pretty well with some alcohol.  Then used the Turtle wax product for outside restoration.  Much cheaper than getting a used one from a wrecker.
Sealed it back up and it looks like new.
Was it hard to take the headlight cover off the unit? Mine is all dirty inside.

bazzbazz

The headlight assemblies are usually a sealed unit. You need to use a thin blade and cut along the silicone sealant several times and then CAREFULLY pop them apart with a suitable tool. Once cleaned then re-glue them with black silicone sealant. Leave tightly taped together overnight to allow the sealant to cure fully.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au