Selespeed Clutch and Multiecuscan

Started by Citroënbender, May 15, 2017, 07:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

Have you carried out a "Throttle Reset" ?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Citroënbender

G'day Bazz, I did do the initialisation procedure or whatever MES calls it. Didn't do anything not catered for by MES.

After a 1400km maiden voyage I'm about to check the adjustment of clutch again, as it seems a little grabby like before I shortened the travel to a bare 28mm.

bazzbazz

No, that is NOT a Throttle recalibration. That sets all the Engine ecu variable learning points back to factory settings.
Google "Alfa 156 Throttle calibration procedure".
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Citroënbender

I hope to be able to do this tomorrow. Just fitted a set of RDA dimpled/slotted rotors and Ultimax 2 pads up front, need to bed them in. Throttle reset can go first.

Failed my roadworthiness inspection on front brake wear (odd, but maybe they were just being arses to an interstate car) and a noisy OSF wheel bearing.

Citroënbender

Haven't yet done this procedure!

However, car has otherwise bedded in fairly nicely; comfy, powerful, smooth shifting and quite amenable to the rubbish roads around here. I think sitting still for eighteen months didn't help it.

All credit to the people here (especially Bazz for the relentless tech support) and on AO who helped and encouraged the "upcycling" of a $400 parts car with seized motor. I dropped about $6000 total on this project and if my labour were costed at $40/hr, at least the same again in sweat equity. Non rimpiango nulla...

bazzbazz

One is glad to be of service . . .  ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

dehne

I know from past experience I would not clean the throttle body, I have been told from many Alfa repairs not to clean it as one mech cleaned it and cost $3000 to fix. Now that was a fair few years ago when selespeed cost a lot to fix.
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

bonno

Hi Alfisti
With respect to cleaning the throttle body, I appreciate the fact that modern cars incorporating fly by wire and cleaning the throttle body incorrectly can cause damage as indicated. But having said this, if the associated electrics are disconnected and throttle body removed, then cleaned appropriately with carby cleaner should be OK. I would inspect first and see whether there is any carbon build up, before attempting such action. I have provided a link to another Alfa Romeo forum which covered this very aspect.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/232733-cleaning-the-throttle-body-fly-by-wire-throttle.html