Sold: Outstanding 1975 Alfetta Sedan

Started by Richard.M, April 22, 2017, 07:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard.M

This is a beautiful car and amazing to drive - the way these cars were meant to be!  :)

Very straight, no rust. Factory metal sunroof.  $x,xxx 

Body: back to metal, high-zinc base coats, wax in all doors / cavities etc.
Engine: 1779 cc, 9.5 pistons, original 105-48 cams, profiled distributor
Transaxle: Rebuilt.  Very tight box.  2nd gear works!
Tail shaft: Centring olive bearings replaced, donuts replaced as required, re-balanced
Trim: re-trimmed fabric seats / vinyl sides.
Hood lining: replaced / re-sewn.
Dash & trims: All repaired / vacuum recovered with black vinyl.  Fuel gauge works and is accurate (re-wound sender). 
Timber inserts: Jarrah veneer on steel backing (much flatter than the original ones)
Boot: lined
Tyres/Wheels: New Hankook Optimo K415 195/65/14 tyres on Cromodora rims.

Original RHD instruction book.

Some parts are from a slightly later donor car, e.g. the Veglia speedo in km/h, rather than the Marelli one in MPH.

It has full South Australian registration (exp. July 2017), and is temporarily in Melbourne.  Note: SA does not require a RWC to transfer registration.

This 1975 car was orignally sold by Ray Gulson in Canberra and was later owned by a friend of mine there.  I bought it in 1993, brought it over to South Australia and restored it there from 1994-1997.  Since then it's done around 23,000km, but I'm moving overseas and hence it's time to sell.

Richard.M

Please note: someone already has a 'hold' on this vehicle until mid Sunday morning and I have had several more offers to buy this vehicle. I've therefore removed my contact number from the main post.

Richard.M

The vehicle sold this morning to a Victorian Alfa Club member.  I hope it stays around for a long time.