147 Braided Sheathed Brake Hoses

Started by Citroënbender, April 19, 2017, 06:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

Following on from this thread: http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=7940.0

It seemed inappropriate to post comments relating to another chassis series at the end of it, so here'tis... 

I recently bought via Fleabay, four "CP Racetec" SS sheathed brake hoses with black vinyl overlay so they look "sorta" factory.  Price was AUD$120.09 into my letterbox, only gripe being the parcel did not have a tracking number - just signature required.  They look passable, and come with rubber grommets for the U-clips on the struts.

My reason for buying?  Well, the fronts (original to the 2005 calipers) are showing disturbing signs of the outer rubber cracking on close examination; while this would be probably not spotted on a roadworthy I deemed it silly (irresponsible) to remain.  Rears looked OK, but I felt it more a question of when they would appear cracked - not if.

Having read up on bleeding the brakes with MES, I'm not overly looking forward to it - this sounds like one of the software's areas where it's still a bit ragged.

bazzbazz

what model car you bleeding brakes on
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Citroënbender

My 147 TS with busted Sele paddle.