2017 AROCA Sprints Rd 3 Sandown 13 May

Started by Neil Choi, March 27, 2017, 06:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Hello all,

2017 AROCA Sprints Rd 3 Sandown 13 May Saturday.

Mother's day special, sprint on Saturday, lunch on Sunday with the family.

Bring your mum or wife along for parade laps at lunchtime.

Also a Show and Shine day for spectators.  All are welcome.  Prizes for the shiniest cars.

SR and EF attached.

As usual enter early as I expect it to fill out quickly.

Neil

Colin Edwards

Sandown is not to be missed.  30mins from the CBD and great facilities.  The only way it could be improved on is the presence of lots of Alfa's.  Be there and have a great day.

Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

ajt42

Sandown will be a great day out! Bring your shiny car and have a lap or two around the track.   To reserve your spot, email vicepresident@alfaclubvic.org.au or text your name and car details to Mandy 0412806240

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin Edwards

Dropped in to Sandown last Saturday to watch the Shannons Nationals.  Beautiful weather and impressive cars.  I'm a fan of Formula 4, Formula 1000/Radical and Formula Prototype. 
The track looked great.  Can't wait to see a large selection of Alfas out there next month!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

Got a good entry field for Sandown thus far.  Can still fit a few more in.  Get your entry in now.  Going to be a great day and still have Sunday to celebrate Mother's day.
Again, a show and shine day for those who do not race but still can enjoy the day with the racers.  We will even have a best presented race car category.
All those who participate in show and shine are eligible for parade laps at lunchtime.

Colin Edwards

A couple of laps of a dedicated raced track so close to Melbourne is not to be missed.

I believe the missus may be taking the 75 around for an "installation lap" or two or three! 

Be there or be square!!

Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

Ok folks, so much I can do.
Massive field for Sandown on Saturday May 13.  Lots of interesting cars including some 30 Alfa race cars and as many racing members. 
Majority make up AROCA, MX5 club and BMWCC members and their respective marque cars. And there are 13 other clubs contributing as well. 
There will be a wood fired pizza oven van serving breakfast, coffee, and pizza lunches.
Lots to see on the track.
As well as an informal show and shine car show and participants are eligible to do parade laps at lunchtime.  Trophies will be awarded to the shiniest Alfa car.
See you all there at Sandown.
Neil

Neil Choi

The Show and Shine display area will be in the concrete area between the pitlane and the grandstand.  It will be a dedicated area for the participants and a great spectating area too.
Basically, you will make it what it will be and a good show for all.
Coffee and pizza van on site.

Colin Edwards

Weather forecast perfect for Saturday.  Fine, mainly sunny with a top of 18.  Perfect for driving and / or spectating. 

Bring the camera and on the way home buy a bunch of flowers for your mum for Sunday. 

Better still................bring her along on Saturday and shout her to a coffee!!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Neil Choi

Looking good.

Neil Choi

What a fantastic day out at Sandown, day before Mother's day, still allow you time to do the Mother's day thing.  Weather could not be anymore perfect, cool, dry, sunny, warmed up to t-shirt temperature.
Wood fired oven pizza for lunch along with expresso coffee, nutella pizza and muffins.

Ross CoC the day beautifully single handedly, stressed but pulled through fine, speaking to only a few drivers on misdemeanor and managed all the incidents well.  Luckily, only minor incidents and only paint scratches.  Bruno ran around busily checking cars as usual and finally having a run himself. Mandy and Laura helped in administration and managed the PA bitching (their words).  Joe and Malcolm ran pitlane and dummy grid from the front with no issues.  Parade laps ran well except for a few offenders which again got me in trouble, I think the safety car needs to slow down a bit.
Many MX5's and BMW's made the day interesting, along with a number of classics like MG's, Sunbeam Alpine, Lotus, Mini, Clio, even a X5M (no, not a typo ie MX5, a BMW X5M).  I think the driver missed the turn off to the Saturday kids basketball pick up and ended up on the track, interesting watching it having a spin but blasting pass a few cars, bit of power for a 2.5 ton car. 
In the Alfa's, great to see a number of modern Alfa's competing:  156 TS, Alfa TV TS and a couple of 147 GTA's. The classic 105 Giulia coupe and super, and Alfetta's were out in force, as were the 75's in TS and 3L.  Then of course there is the 3.2L power tribe.
And best of all, two Suds out there, good to see Andrew's restored Sud doing laps.
Just a public correction on a timing mistake, Cailum tells me that he did a 1:41, not a 1:45 as stated because the dorian was not switched over.

Next one is at Winton, Round 4 sprints and Round 2 Alfa Racing on June 25, then back to back weekend on the track, July 1 at Phillip Island.  Going to be tough but we only get so many track bookings a year and all of them are like hens teeth.  We will probably do a special, discount entry if you come to both.  Watch this space.

Entries for both events will be out in the next week or so.

Neil Choi

Another public correction, timed Cailum's video, he did a 1:39, same as Damon.
Mmm, don't think we can make a standard old 156 any faster.

Well, we can, learn to drive better!!!

Neil Choi

Also, a great turn out for the Show and Shine, a wonderful variety of awesomely shiny Alfa's.  I saw Giulietta's, 105's, Mito's, 75's and others, as I was speeding down the chute onto front straight.
Mandy, our New President,  and Laura our Secretary, should be giving a report and perhaps some pictures.

Ray Pignataro

Mini34

Hey Neil

What a great day and many thanks to all the crew that made the day great, like always.

Oh and thanks to the noise police for looking favourably upon the little green machine.

Looking forward to the next few events.